• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A Level question

Reaction score
I'm doing my IGCSE's now and A levels next year.
I'm planning on doing 6 subjects (Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Russian and Greek).
Is this too much??

Reaction score
I know both Russian and Greek as a first language, so I don't think they'll cause me much difficulty as they are foreign language exams... But I've heard that the sciences and especially mathematics are really difficult :unsure:
Hey, I have taken 6 subjects in A levels from CIE. My exams are going on right now. My subjects are Physics, Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Computing and Accounting. Your subject combination is easy and 6 subjects should not be a problem if you are sincere. Moreover you are following the Edexcel board which is 10 times easier than CIE. So I think you won't face too much of a problem. Best of luck. :)

Reaction score
I know both Russian and Greek as a first language, so I don't think they'll cause me much difficulty as they are foreign language exams... But I've heard that the sciences and especially mathematics are really difficult :unsure:
physics is the hardest out of the bunch. Math isn't as hard. If you know how to speak greek fluently, the AS will be a piece of cake, A2 will be much harder. I don't know about Russian.
But i still think 6 a levels are too many, just do math, bio, chemistry and physics. That's more than enough.

Reaction score
Thanks a lot!!! this really did make me feel better since everyone is telling me it's too much :unsure: and i'm doing 10 IGCSE's from CIE, so I understand your pain (my friends who do other boards think mine are way too hard)
Best of luck!!!!!
You can consider General paper as your 6th subject if you are decent in english and have some general knowledge. Universities do not REQUIRE 6 A levels but if you have good grades in all of them, you will get preference over anyone with 3 or 4 subjects. So I suggest if you are willing to do hard work, you should go for it! Btw what subjects are you doing at IGCSE? If you have done accounting at IGs then I would recommend you should take accounting at A levels. My friends who did CIE O level accounting and Edexcel A level accounting said AS Edexcel accounting is easier than CIE O level accounting. So if you have accounting at IGCSE then you should take Accounting as your 6th subject. And like I said, people who have 3 or 4 subjects at A levels will demotivate you and tell you it's not possible. But the fact is, if you work hard and study throughout the year you can complete 6 subjects comfortably.

Reaction score
I'm taking maths, chemistry, physics, biology, mandarin chinese, modern greek, first language russian, first language english, english literature and history :) our school though doesn't offer neither general studies (they say that no university considers this as a full a level) or accounting at any level (they believe that maths is enough if you want to study accounting in the future) :p And in IGCSE I get really good grades (I don't mean to brag but my school's predictions for me were 10 A*s (knock on wood)) with hardly any study, so if I actually begin to work I don't think I'll have a problem (y)
Omg! So many languages?? :p

Reaction score
Our school allows us to take any subject we want (even if there are no teacher at school for that subject)! We just study those subjects privately and during the time of registration we apply using the school's name.

Reaction score
Good for you :D I debate, forensics, am midfielder in our school's varsity girls team, take part in the charity society of our school, play trumpet in the municipal band, tried to take part in a Greek ministry of education essay/video competition but I was misinformed about the deadline (so I handed in my entry too late :()...
I tried to learn guitars for 3 months but never managed to learn how to shift the chords and in the end I had to quiet! :D

Reaction score
let me guess...are you mojur hasan nishad from cider?!You had accounting in o'levelz and won award in national IO?!Are u kidding me!!

Reaction score
monjur friend hoile eivabe dhol pitacho keno?!:pnd who are you?!i know a lot of people from national informatics olympiad!jodio kokhono try korinai!bt i guess i will try next year!

Reaction score
monjur friend hoile eivabe dhol pitacho keno?!:pnd who are you?!i know a lot of people from national informatics olympiad!jodio kokhono try korinai!bt i guess i will try next year!
Nijer nam die dhol pitate lojja lage, tai friender acount die dhol pitai. Btw who the hell are you? Boro bhai naki choto bhai? Naki AS er? :p Cgs na Sunshine? Precidency? :p