• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A Level Subjects

Reaction score
Hello people. I just wanted some advice on which A levels I should choose? I'm giving my O levels this session. Gave Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies and Statistics last session and go A*s ina ll three. And now I'm giving English Language, Urdu, Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Add. Maths, Computer Studies, Commerce and French. I'm expecting A*s in all these too In sha Allah.

I am taking Maths, Further Maths, General Paper (AS), Physics, Chemistry at A Levels. I want to take two other subjects i.e. Either Economics and Accounting/Business Studies or maybe French and Computing. What would you recommend? I want to do Engineering and then MBA. And please dont say that I shouldn't take this many subjects. I know the difficulty level of A Levels and I know I can do it.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Assuming you want to study at a top university like Imperial, you should take Economics and French. Economics is define as particularly 'preferable' by Imperial for Engineering. Also, Business Studies, Accounting and Computing are considered 'less preferable' and admissions tutors at top universities (ie Oxbridge, Imperial, Bath etc) will put you at a disadvantage compared to students taking 'traditional' subjects such as French and Economics.