• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A Level Urdu.

Reaction score
Im planning to give A level urdu in upcoming oct/nov ,
so i have few questions..
Are 3 months enough for prep of urdu?
is it a scoring subject?shall i opt for it??
My urdu writing skills are not that good (avg student in urdu) ,so is it a good decision or not?
thnx.

Reaction score
I made someone prepare Urdu A level in a week, and she scored an A* , me myself have an A* in urdu
make sure you have notes with you. (for text paper) go through the specimen paper and its er, look carefully. Practice the comprehension and write essays, make sure you write neatly

yes it's a full credit subject and u'll be awarded with it

Reaction score
A-level's urdu is not a valuable subject. An A in Urdu will not really have an effect on your university applications. But if you still want to keep it for an easy A and for the sake of getting better at Urdu, then you should. Urdu is basically a subject with alot of rote learning. You can do selective study, get prepared notes from someone or make them yourself and then you can learn them by rote in the end. So it doesn't matter if you don't have the best of writing skills.
My advice, study A-levels Urdu only if you had Urdu First Language in O-Levels. Otherwise, drop the idea since it will be a tough job to get accustomed to studying poetry and prose after many years of not studying it.

Reaction score
yes keep it for the 4th subject, just to increase you grades, grades in A level matter a lot

Reaction score
Alevel notes 4 urdu are avaliable here if any1 wish to buy contact :
waqar marfani : 03322066662
Not only urdu but waqar is having notes for physics,chemistry,biology,business studies, econmics and accounts
All are really very gud .. :)

Expected questions and topics avaliable 4 acc p2...!
Expected topics 4 bs p2

ONLY 4 KARACHI PPL !!!

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
A-level's urdu is not a valuable subject. An A in Urdu will not really have an effect on your university applications. But if you still want to keep it for an easy A and for the sake of getting better at Urdu, then you should. Urdu is basically a subject with alot of rote learning. You can do selective study, get prepared notes from someone or make them yourself and then you can learn them by rote in the end. So it doesn't matter if you don't have the best of writing skills.
My advice, study A-levels Urdu only if you had Urdu First Language in O-Levels. Otherwise, drop the idea since it will be a tough job to get accustomed to studying poetry and prose after many years of not studying it.

i dont agree with u, becuz i have given IGCSE urdu as a second language and got an A in 2009 may/june. and i have also studied Alevel urdu for few day, and i find its easy.
but what i think is that it differ from person to person.

Reaction score
Merdons Wolfman said:
hamidali391 said:

i dont agree with u, becuz i have given IGCSE urdu as a second language and got an A in 2009 may/june. and i have also studied Alevel urdu for few day, and i find its easy.
but what i think is that it differ from person to person.

Bro what were your o level grades????i agree that it varies from person to person...Many people who didnt keep first lang urdu in o levl were able to get gud grade in this but they all were really good students..So im just unsure whether an avg student like me can get good score in urdu or not.
i had 4As in o lvl.A in second lang urdu too.

Im looking forward to this subject,i heard good notes can make work a lot easier in this subject...

Other thn Urdu,im left with AICT which is considered the second easiest subject in A lvl..but i dont have much info regarding this subject..I'll be searching for info on this subject aswell,but more chances are that im going to go for urdu once im sure that its not a vry big deal for an average student....

Reaction score
bionology said:
I made someone prepare Urdu A level in a week, and she scored an A* , me myself have an A* in urdu
make sure you have notes with you. (for text paper) go through the specimen paper and its er, look carefully. Practice the comprehension and write essays, make sure you write neatly

yes it's a full credit subject and u'll be awarded with it

preparing in a week is almost impossible for a person like me,but aniways thanks, your comment really helped me in judging this subject..My writing is really not good in urdu ..=/

Reaction score
waqar yaar i need the urdu notes, do u still have them.
and yeah i am gonna prepare for urdu in a week

Reaction score
can any one tell me a good teacher for A-level Urdu. i knw many ppl say its easy but still i want some guidance
PS: I got an A* in FIRST LANGUAGE URDU

Reaction score
Can we underline important things and fold pages of the text only book?
The official letter does not mention any such restrictions but my urdu teacher told me not to but it would take up alot of the time thia way ;-;