• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 BIOLOGY isA in may june 2015

Reaction score
I'm going to do it too. I plan on studying like now. I hope we can help each other out :D how do you guys plan on starting? I was thinking first reading a chapter and making notes according to the syllabus for all. As well as solving every topical worksheet I can find for each so in the end I have a large bundle of stuff to go through. But of course constant revision will be required. Let's hope we stick to that :)

Reaction score
I'm going to do it too. I plan on studying like now. I hope we can help each other out :D how do you guys plan on starting? I was thinking first reading a chapter and making notes according to the syllabus for all. As well as solving every topical worksheet I can find for each so in the end I have a large bundle of stuff to go through. But of course constant revision will be required. Let's hope we stick to that :)

Gr8 ... i started chapter 16 today and as soon as i finish it i will post questions i found difficult and everything. That is better XD
btw dont forget to download the bio CD from the website www.gceguide.com it contains summaries and helps and animations. Anyone having any question/comment feel free to text me whenever they want. I will be honored to help. XD

Reaction score
I think question 3 was about what organelles are present in the animal and plant cells, i chose the answer which had no lysosome for the plant cell, i think it was C.

Reaction score
That's awesome :D I think energy and respiration is difficult the first time you read it, but after a couple of times of reading and memorising, you get the hang of it. I also found the revision guide for Mary jones so please do let me know if you guys want it. I asked my teacher which chapters students generally find most hard, and she said it was coordination and response because apparently that's very long and has 3 subsections

Reaction score
That's awesome :D I think energy and respiration is difficult the first time you read it, but after a couple of times of reading and memorising, you get the hang of it. I also found the revision guide for Mary jones so please do let me know if you guys want it. I asked my teacher which chapters students generally find most hard, and she said it was coordination and response because apparently that's very long and has 3 subsections
Especially when the questions in this topic come out as essay writing. :)

Reaction score
Exactly :D

Reaction score
Okay guys, I would like to cover everything in the 2015 CIE syllabus. So it's better to start with revising the first basic chapters till the last. :) Below are summaries of some basic chapters. And yes, GOOD LUCK to you all. :) WE will absolutely do our best in the papers. :D

Reaction score
Chapter 1: CELLS
  • The cell is the basic unit of life-the basic unit of structure and function in living matter. Living organisms are made of cells.
biology chap 1-cells.png
---> Cell size:
The dimensions of cells are expressed in the unit called a micrometre or micron.
units of length used in microscopy:
1 metre=1000 millimetres (mm)
1 mm= 1000 micrometres
1 micrometre= 1000 nanometres (nm)

• Bacteria are typically 0.5-10 micrometres in size.
  • Most plants and animal cells are in the size range 50-150 micrometres or larger.