• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Biology | Post your doubts here

Reaction score
yeah I got A in my bio AS last year and isA i hope for 85+ in this paper so like this can i get A* ISa??
hope this to u also, how did u do in the AS??
Yes you can!!
I got A in AS too. InshaAllah hoping for A* or A

Reaction score
please any tips and notes to help me in preparing for the coming bio paper 5??
i would be so thankful :)

Reaction score
um can any1 plz tell me da diference between da dependant and undependant variables plz??

Reaction score
um can any1 plz tell me da diference between da dependant and undependant variables plz??
independent variable....the value which is dependent on the experimenter to change...eg u want to know the rate of photosyntesis based on temperature...so its in ur hand to carry out ur expriment by taking different values of temperature so this value will be always on the x-axis of the graph...but the rate of photosyntheis is dependent on the temperature value...e.g. if temperature is high the rate of photosyntheis is high ...if the temp is low the rate will be low...so rate will be the dependent variable and its always plotted on the y-axis...by keeping all the other factors constant...
hope u get this...i cant explain it in any diff. way...:)

Reaction score
independent variable....the value which is dependent on the experimenter to change...eg u want to know the rate of photosyntesis based on temperature...so its in ur hand to carry out ur expriment by taking different values of temperature so this value will be always on the x-axis of the graph...but the rate of photosyntheis is dependent on the temperature value...e.g. if temperature is high the rate of photosyntheis is high ...if the temp is low the rate will be low...so rate will be the dependent variable and its always plotted on the y-axis...by keeping all the other factors constant...
hope u get this...i cant explain it in any diff. way...:)
ohh got it :D thnx loadzz

Reaction score
well for b part 1 ....sum up all the number and divide by 20...dats simple mean calculation
and next is also simple with n being 20....the next whenn.....no. of degrees of freedom is n-1 if only one set of data.....n1+n2-2...if two sets of data and so on....!!!

Reaction score
well@user cn u amke a sticky thread for BIO PAPER 5
Mystery girl......why they are not allowing 3 dp for that question,,,,i gave two 3 s.f tand that was automatically to 3dp in dat case.....

Attachments

• cxz.PNG
    cxz.PNG
    22.7 KB · Views: 15
Reaction score
well http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...and AS Level/Biology (9700)/9700_w08_qp_5.pdf
q2 b (iv)

cn smone tell why 20 is a closer valuee to 19 rather than 18.....wTH the ER means here........both are same distance from 19.......is it a convention.......to use the larger value.....and one more question.......well one more thing....i dont understand why we use 0.05 as the reference ....we say if probability of null hypothesis being correct is greater than 0.05 .....null hypothesis is accepted.....isnt it too low.....or am i missing sth.....

Attachments

• fdh.PNG
    fdh.PNG
    188.9 KB · Views: 18
Reaction score
There is something related to the data being in the range of mean +/- standard deviation. Actually standard deviation means that the 95% of the data is within the range of mean-s.d.and mean+s.d.. I don't know why exactly we use 0.05 but it is derived from this expression by 1-0.95(the probabality of the data being in the standard deviation range)

Reaction score
Can sum bdy pleaseeee explain me tyical bio p5 questions in which we hav to do T n chi test
I dont get it all

Reaction score
can anyone explain standard error please? and error bars,..theres a question on it in specimen paper but i cant find that online. if anyone has it plz post it so that i can exactly refer to the question.

Reaction score
can anyone explain standard error please? and error bars,..theres a question on it in specimen paper but i cant find that online. if anyone has it plz post it so that i can exactly refer to the question.
Do you have the CIE biology revision guide? If you do, there's a bit about paper 5 in it where it explains all the statistical tests.