• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Physics | Post your doubts here

Reaction score
Question:- If an object is in space and is on the AXIX of the Earth's Spin. Does that mean that the centripetal force is zero?
So this means that a person at the poles will have a normal reaction equal to that of his weight, while a person at the equator has a normal reaction less than his weigh to allow a net centripetal force?
Feel free to discuss this matter with me...(y)

Reaction score
Means my guess was correct!
Thanks bro
I wanna share this theory with you.
" Internal energy is determined by the state of the system "
Internal energy is determined by the values of the current state and is independent of how the state is
arrived at. Thus if a system undergoes a series of changes from one state A to another state B, its change
in internal energy is the same, regardless of which path {the changes in the p & V} it has taken to get from
A to B.
This makes it much more clearer ;)!

Reaction score
Question:- If an object is in space and is on the AXIX of the Earth's Spin. Does that mean that the centripetal force is zero?
So this means that a person at the poles will have a normal reaction equal to that of his weight, while a person at the equator has a normal reaction less than his weigh to allow a net centripetal force?
Feel free to discuss this matter with me...(y)
http://www.batesville.k12.in.us/physics/phynet/mechanics/circular motion/centforce_and_earth.htm
This will elaborate more on why the normal reaction is less than the person's weight when he/she is standing at the equator / plane of spin!

Reaction score
I wanna share this theory with you.
" Internal energy is determined by the state of the system "
Internal energy is determined by the values of the current state and is independent of how the state is
arrived at. Thus if a system undergoes a series of changes from one state A to another state B, its change
in internal energy is the same, regardless of which path {the changes in the p & V} it has taken to get from
A to B.
This makes it much more clearer ;)!
Oh, thanks a lot Bro,
Jazakallah
(y)

Reaction score
If a question comes for describing an experiment on electron diffraction, what diagram are we supposed to draw ?
It depends,
-If its through a carbon / graphite filter , you draw concentric circles like a field, but I need to check if the seperation of the lines is the same or not...but prollly increasing.
-If its through a single or double slits, it will be similar to that of light as discrete lines ...

Reaction score
It depends,
-If its through a carbon / graphite filter , you draw concentric circles like a field, but I need to check if the seperation of the lines is the same or not...but prollly increasing.
-If its through a single or double slits, it will be similar to that of light as discrete lines ...
Its about wave nature of light!
june 2011 / paper 42
Q 7
part (c)

Reaction score
Help:
1.Why melting and boiling take place without change in temperature
2.why the specific latent heat of vaporisation is higher than specific latent heat of fusion
3. why cooling effect accompanies evaporation

Reaction score
Help:
1.Why melting and boiling take place without change in temperature
2.why the specific latent heat of vaporisation is higher than specific latent heat of fusion
3. why cooling effect accompanies evaporation
1.This is because there is no change in kinetic energy, heat is taken in to break intermolecular forces only.
2.This is because there are more bonds to be broken when boiling so more heat is required.
3.This is because the high energy particles take energy from the lower energy particles that are below it which leads to cooling.

Reaction score
IT should be like as shown in my attachment.
please make some brief elaboration on the first part of the emf of the graph... why is it somehow as a sine graph rather than a cosine graph? why couldnt it be a straight line sloping downwards?
How do we know if the rate of decrease is constant or the rate of decrease is increasing/decreasing? Will appreciate some interpretation :)

Reaction score
Explanation of the characteristic X-ray spectra
Electrons accelerated by the high voltage can reach sufficient energies that when they collide with the atoms of the target, they can knock out one of the inner shell electrons. When an electron in an upper state drops down to fill the vacated lower state, a photon is emitted. This gives rise to the discrete lines in the X-ray spectra.
Explanation of the continuous spectrum
When electrons are decelerated by interaction with atoms of the target, photons are emitted whose energies are equal to the loss of kinetic energies of the electrons.
The shortest wavelength X-ray produced is due to an electron losing all its kinetic energy to produce the highest energy photon in a single collision.
Hence, hc/λmin = EK = eV where V is the accelerating voltage.
One weber is the quantity of magnetic flux passing through an area of 1 square metre when the flux density normal to the area is 1 tesla.