• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Physics | Post your doubts here

Reaction score
Hey folks,
please explain me this question! Q6 part b1 and and part c of MAY/JUNE2009, Q9 of MAY/JUNE 2009, and Q10 c2( my answer is coming as 10V but in M.S it is 9.0V)
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s09_qp_4.pdf
Q6(b)(ii):
F = BIL
mg = BIL
Substitute values
(2.3 × 10^-3) (9.8) = B × (2.6) (4.4 × 10^-2)
B = 0.20 T

Q6(c):
Peak value, I0 = 2.3 × √2 = 3.25 A
The a.c current has one peak at positive value and the other peak at negative value so,
Variation at positive peak = 3.25 g
Variation at negative peak = - 3.25 g
The total variation is
= (3.25) - (-3.25)
= 6.5 g

Q10(c)(ii):
Vin = +0.4 V
Vout = Gain * Vin
Vout = 25 * (+0.4)
Vout = 10 V

But this output is more than the supply of the op-amp, therefore the amplifier saturates and the output is equal to the supply voltage!
So,
Vout = 9 V

Reaction score
Q6(b)(ii):
F = BIL
mg = BIL
Substitute values
(2.3 × 10^-3) (9.8) = B × (2.6) (4.4 × 10^-2)
B = 0.20 T

Q6(c):
Peak value, I0 = 2.3 × √2 = 3.25 A
The a.c current has one peak at positive value and the other peak at negative value so,
Variation at positive peak = 3.25 g
Variation at negative peak = - 3.25 g
The total variation is
= (3.25) - (-3.25)
= 6.5 g

Q10(c)(ii):
Vin = +0.4 V
Vout = Gain * Vin
Vout = 25 * (+0.4)
Vout = 10 V

But this output is more than the supply of the op-amp, therefore the amplifier saturates and the output is equal to the supply voltage!
So,
Vout = 9 V
Can you explain Q6b 1 too?

Reaction score
does anyone have notes on the direct sensing, medical imaging and communication systems chapters? ... I'm running low on energy and I can't deal with readin this shit any longer!

Reaction score
Use fleming's left hand rule,
current in from X to Y (second finger)
force is downwards (thumb)
the direction where your forefinger points is the direction of the field, check it
I understand that but i don't get why force on wire is upwards? in the marking scheme they are saying pole P is North

Reaction score
I understand that but i don't get why force on wire is upwards? in the marking scheme they are saying pole P is North

I have no idea what you guys are talking about but reading the two comments reminded me of Lenz's law... lenz's law always makes the force the other way round.

Reaction score
I have no idea what you guys are talking about but reading the two comments reminded me of Lenz's law... lenz's law always makes the force the other way round.
This is not electromagnetic indution!
Lenz Law is used when an e.m.f is induced by a moving coil or magnet!
This is just electromagnetism

Reaction score
half life is the time taken for half the atoms to decay, in this case by alpha decay. Half life pltted against time has an exponentioal slope and so seen as constant, which means the time taken for alpha decay is constant.
but why have they taken 40 days as half life?

Reaction score
but why have they taken 40 days as half life?
because that's the only time they've given? I donno.. maybe cause they implied that the alpha decay was only for 40 days?... maybe they are just bad at wording the question. It doesn't matter.. its the only time given so it has to be the half life..