• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

About Error Carry Forwards(ECF) in AS physics practicle exam

Reaction score
Yesterday, I finish the physics Paper 33exam. After checking with my friends ,I found I made a big mistake in the first experiment. It ask to find out the period of the balance. I want to calculate it by find the time of 10complete period and use that time divide by 10. However one complete period means when the balance bounce up and then move back to original place, I calculate bounce up as a period and bounce back to original point as a second period. So actually I take the time of 5 complete periods but I didn't realize that during the exam. That makes my result value of T half of the correct T. In the following questions, I use that answer so in the following questions my result is also been affected, even my working is correct. And today, I go and ask my teacher, and she says that if there is an ECF on the mark scheme I may only lose 1or2 marks but if there isn't an ecf I will loose lots of mark. I was quite nervous now and want to ask do physics practicle exam usually have an ecf? If not I may have to retake the physics exam. QAQ

Sorry for bad English because I am not an native speaker.

Reaction score
i'm pretty sure there is ecf, so even if your values are incorrect, as long as you use them properly in the calculations i think you'll be fine. there is only 2 marks i believe for accuracy (meaning, how similar your results are with the supervisor, and if your results are realistic, etc). idk bc i'm not an examiner, but i think you'll only lose 2-3 marks for that :) don't worry too much. just focus on paper 2 and mcq

Reaction score
dw so much cuz last year when i did mine i was the only one who got a negative gradient when it was actually positive n i was beyond guttered but ended up getting 33/40 for it so yea dw and do the rest of your exams well!;)

Reaction score
dw so much cuz last year when i did mine i was the only one who got a negative gradient when it was actually positive n i was beyond guttered but ended up getting 33/40 for it so yea dw and do the rest of your exams well!;)
hi can i ask how did you find out your marks ?