• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ACCA or BBA?

Reaction score
Hey, I'm very confused about what to opt for. I have interest in Math and Accounting, but I do well in my other subjects as well. I am wanting to do something in accounts in the future. Which option would be better for me? BBA in Accounting or ACCA? Can you please let me both the benefits and drawbacks of both the fields? I know they both are diverse fields and cannot be compared but I'd still like to know :D
Also, if I'm doing A-Levels, which subjects should I opt for?
Much appreciated :D

Reaction score
I am guessing that you would be starting A levels in fall 2012 in that case let go the thought of deciding between ACCA and other degree at this point in time as it would be too narrow a approach to career. For now, you should just concerntrate on deciding your A level electives.
Since, you have already developed an interest in Accounting I would suggest you take Accounting in A level also Economics complements well with Accounting so you should opt for that. A level Mathematics is a requirement in every quantitative based degree so you should keep that aswell.
Moreover, you say that you have an interest in mathematics if are you good (or excellent!) in it, you must consider the field of Accurial sciences though not many people opt for it, it is getting relatively popular choice for students now days and is well in demand. Do search internet for the information in this area. And if you want to pursue it you would have to take Further Mathematics at A level.
My advise to you at this point is to focus on subjects that interests you rather than the career that interests (like Accounts vs ACCA/CA). That way you would focus exactly where it is needed and won't run out of options when the things don't turn out as expected. :D
Cheers!

Reaction score
Thank you so much!
Accurial sciences? I'm hearing it for the 1st time. Do you know any universities in UAE that provide this field?