• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accounting paper 11 discussion

Reaction score
Very easy. Too easy actually

Too remind the forgetful for paper 11:

1)M-C
2)Short answer questions
3)Trial Balance and journal entries
4)Partnership
5)Ratios
6)Petty Cash Book

What really got me was Ratio part (Last question) where it said that Coal LTD got 2.3 current ratio while Fanza LTD had like 1.2 ratio. The question asked which business is doing well on account to those ratios. As far as I know a ratio below 1:5 means that the business sucks, moreover anything over 2 means that the business can't manage its assets. Nevertheless I said Coal LTD was doing better than Fanza.

Another part I found irritating was the Profit and Loss Appropriation Account for the partners. If I remember correctly, only ONE partner gave Capital to the business where as the OTHER partner introduced inventory. So I just minus interest on capital only for the guy who kept the capital, and minus the Partner's salary. However, I totally forgot to write the Profit share at the end :(

One question went like "How does Partner X change the partnership agreement because hes making more sales than Partner Y." something like that. I had no idea how to answer that.

MNU

Reaction score
yeah the paper was really good!!
but i also had a doubt in the ratios and both the questions were 3 marks each so i didnt really know wat to write!
and for the partnership agreement i wrote that the one with the more sales (don't really remember the name) should get a larger share of profits!

Reaction score
In the petty cash question, when he asked to write down the ledgers I wrote cash instead of petty cash, will I get any marks on this ? :S

Reaction score
In the petty cash question, when he asked to write down the ledgers I wrote cash instead of petty cash, will I get any marks on this ? :S
me too , but i hardly think its THAT wrong, he may ignore it or just penalize once
About the exam, it was pretty easy i think i lost like 5-10 marks, hopefully ill do well tomorrow too :)