• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accounting Paper 3 (9708/32) Discussion and shizz.

Reaction score
Hello guys, for the question 1 which was about cash flow, depreciation was not subtracted from the profit so it was not supposed to be added back right.

Reaction score
operating profit before depreciation - increase in inventories + decrease in trade receivables - decrease in trade payables...
therefore option A!

Reaction score
Thank you that was the answer I chose, which topics are you learning for paper 4

Reaction score
I have also been learning business purchase, all aspect of costing, investment appraisal, ratios and caslow

Reaction score
I do not think so ... I am pretty sure it was the same question you are talking about as limiting factor is the first priority

Heyy ehmm for tht question i am damn sure the answer id limiting factor of tht first priority question.. Thts becoz it was a repeated MCQ from somewhere in the past...

Reaction score
Hello guys, for the question 1 which was about cash flow, depreciation was not subtracted from the profit so it was not supposed to be added back right.
Even this MCQ which was the first one itslef in variant two, the answer is A it was 2301 or 3201, and its a repeated MCQ

Reaction score
Ye
even i did A
And wat abt the std costing question, u had to find da actual material cost

Yea in tht question the possible answer could be 45000*1.2 = 54000 that's B .... i was not sure if we had to adjust the favourable efficiency variance of 3000 ..... then it could have been C which said 57000 .... But i din't choose tht coz if it was a favourable efficiency variance then it should be 51000 !!! So kept B onli.. Lets hope its B

Reaction score
Yaa ! even i did B
Nd da 1st Question of cashflow?
I guess i did D

That question's answer is def. A... Its a repeated MCQ from one of the past years..
See check out paper may june 2008, MCQ #2 ... the question is exactly the same and the answer is 1203K tht was option A.

Reaction score
Yes
I don't remember this question. Can you remind me a bit more?
And the annual budget one was Sales Budget.
And debit goodwill is wrong because debiting goodwill means increasing goodwill or positive goodwill
i totally agree... I guess the answer for tht question was capital reserve..

Reaction score
Ye
I second that . Even in previous papers the answer has been limiting factor regarding budget question however it must be noted that the option in those mcqs did not have sales budget

Yeaaa exactly k do complete agree to this... and anyways it was a repeated question for sure.. And the answer is limiting factor !

Reaction score
Guys what was the answer to the EPS question? is interest deducted in the EPS formula?
And do any of you remember the marginal cost question? in which it stated that closing stock is valued at marginal cost? what was its answer?

Reaction score
Guys what was the answer to the EPS question? is interest deducted in the EPS formula?
And do any of you remember the marginal cost question? in which it stated that closing stock is valued at marginal cost? what was its answer?

Coming to the EPS question as far as i remember it was B or C for tht question maybe 0.45 ... but it was simple the interest cover was given and the calculsted interes was to be deducted and the dividends should not have been deducted as they were ordinary dividends and not preference dividends... so ithe formula is just profits aftr interest tax and preference div divided by number of ord shares

Reaction score
I dnt exactly remember this questiion and its figures but altogether this was an eazy question... i dnt thnk you would have done wrong if you know costing nicely ...