• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accounting Paper 4 confusion..

Reaction score
I just started my A2 and I realized its quite different from AS. As in the marking is VERRRY different, in AS they check the working dont they? and there is amrks for own figure yeah ?is it the same for A2? They just want some Balance sheet and marks for that is 12 o_O If my working is wrong, my answer is going to be wrong.. and the balance sheet wont tally, am like going to loose 12 marks if my 12 entries are wrong, ? am i going to loose all 12 marks if my entries are wrong? I need some clarification for expereinced ones or anyone else who has useful information to share.. please help

Reaction score
I just started my A2 and I realized its quite different from AS. As in the marking is VERRRY different, in AS they check the working dont they? and there is amrks for own figure yeah ?is it the same for A2? They just want some Balance sheet and marks for that is 12 o_O If my working is wrong, my answer is going to be wrong.. and the balance sheet wont tally, am like going to loose 12 marks if my 12 entries are wrong, ? am i going to loose all 12 marks if my entries are wrong? I need some clarification for expereinced ones or anyone else who has useful information to share.. please help

Hi lostsoul,in a2's as well,ur each and every working will be rewarded.If ur final answer is incorrect,u will gain marks for workings.Also,own figure rule applies in a2 as well,u can check A2 marking schemes and examiner reports.Thus,u will not lose all marks provided that workings are done.Furthermore,in A2 thresholds are also created as per difficulty of paper.

Reaction score
Hi lostsoul,in a2's as well,ur each and every working will be rewarded.If ur final answer is incorrect,u will gain marks for workings.Also,own figure rule applies in a2 as well,u can check A2 marking schemes and examiner reports.Thus,u will not lose all marks provided that workings are done.Furthermore,in A2 thresholds are also created as per difficulty of paper.
Phew! But idk whi I am still afraid.. not really convinced, but thanks :D