• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accounts PAPER DISCUSSION

Reaction score
ans to question 29 was money measurement.

for an A* i think well need about a 26/30.Thankfully im confident nothing went wrong in the paper.

Reaction score
ans to question 29 was money measurement.

for an A* i think well need about a 26/30.Thankfully im confident nothing went wrong in the paper.

Reaction score
There are no minimum marks for an A* in individual papers. Only A boundaries will be set. A* boundary will be as a total for the 2 papers.

Reaction score
sorry could not get your point...What is the percentage we need to get an A* or A???????

Reaction score
your results arent going to be fixed upon your percentages.CIE has introduced a new system called percentage uniform.its still percentile so you would probably need a 26 or so(im aware that this is not 90 percent) to get an A*.perhaps the percentile could be higher.

Reaction score
Assume there are 2 papers of subject X. P1 has 40 marks. And p2 has 60 marks. If in July CIE sets the minimum number of marks required for an A in p1 as 32/40 and for a B as 29/40. Likewise it sets A at 52/60 in P2 and B as 48/60 in P2. So, you need a minimum of this to achieve the required grade in each paper. Now, CIE will total your number of marks. One thing is for sure the minimum required to get A* will be set as many marks above the sum of the Grade A minimum as the grade B is below it. In this example:

for B: 29 + 48 = 77/100

FOR "A" 32 + 52 = 84/100.

Now CIE will subtract the minimum for a B from A.

Hence, 84-77 = 7 marks.

These will be added to the sum of A grade marks i.e. 84 + 7 = 91 marks. Therefore, 91/100 will be the minimum for an A*.

So, you can see it is not necessary to get a minimum in each paper. If you got say 31/40 in P1 it'll be given grade B according to our assumptions above. And if you got 60/60 in P2 you'll get an A in p2. But the total will be 31 + 60 = 91 marks. Hence, you've achieved the minimum for A* .

The minimum for A* that is 91/100 in our example will be mapped onto a percentage uniform mark of 90%.

The minimum for A in our example 84 will be mapped onto a percentage uniform mark of 80% .

Thats how it will work.

Reaction score
@ sjan 92 well isnt accumulated fund/capital assets minus ALL the libilities.so mayb its correct.i did the same so lets have hope together lol
n ssaaint ur rong.compensating error dus NOT effect the trial balance bt that error did so the ans was B.the omitted thing

Reaction score
question 4 's answer was statemnt of account.i guessed it.a bizness student told me it was correct cz they studied it.n wages..uhmm u had to make the account..i forgot the answer.

Reaction score
@Momina Z the answer to compensating error was D .u can also check in 2007 MCQ.exact SAME type of question came.other errors were original entry,comission and omission..

Reaction score
Momina-Z said:
@ sjan 92 well isnt accumulated fund/capital assets minus ALL the libilities.so mayb its correct.i did the same so lets have hope together lol
n ssaaint ur rong.compensating error dus NOT effect the trial balance bt that error did so the ans was B.the omitted thing

no it was loan TO member ! so its not a liability For US. instead its a liability to others and the money is an asset to us which someone ELSE OWES To us. so its just like a "Debtor Type Situation" for us. in that case we will ADD it.
its in one of the past papers as well
for ur second querry
undercast of both purchases and sales by same amount (lets say the amount is X ) is like

sales dr. X
purchases cr. X

so they cancel out each other . hope that helps!

and yeah the user above me even pointed out that the question was in one of the past papers as well
all mcq's were either from specimen or past papers.

Regards!

Reaction score
I still disagree.cz if u make a trialbalance n lets say purchases and sales r undercasted by 100..the difference between them will increase or decrease n the trial balance wont balance nemo.purchases r X-100 and sales Y-100 even in maths we cant cancel them cz they r different variables.
as for the other one..well yeah i didnt read it that carefully.

Reaction score
@momina.. Sales is a credit entry and purchases is debit entry. Lets say both these accounts were understate by 100. Then we will notice that the total of the credit side in the trial balance will reduce by 100 as sales were undercast by 100. Likewise the total of the debit side will reduce by 100 as the purchases was undercast by 100. As both the sides were decreased by the same amount they will still match.
Anyways dont worry. As i said before, blunders are inevitable. Even the best among us cant achive full marks.

Reaction score
Yeah thats correct. I was actually surprised to hear that some people chose A for the very first Q. According to me, it was fairly simple. It just demanded form us the equation Capital=Assets-Liabilites

Reaction score
can anybody tell me do we have to subtract bank loan also to know the accumulated fund???????

Reaction score
ALLHAMDULLILAH i did EXTREMELY WELL EXPECTING FULL MARKS i had done whole MCQ bank and every MCQ was repeated in paper I did them in 20 mins checked 4 times and then rest of THIRTY mins i dictated to nearby friends