• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accounts

Reaction score
I have had this doubt for a long time..
During simple dissolution of partnership firm bank a/c is not transferred to realisation a/c. But when a company takes over a partnership firm in some of the mark schemes they are transferring bank to realisation a/c and in some they are not. However we have to transfer all assets and liabilities at book value to realisation a/c right.
SO my question is when a company takes over a partnership when do we transfer bank to realisation a/c and when do we not?( for e.g May 2007 Paper 4 Q 1and Nov 2008 paper 4 Q 1.....here they are not transferring)

And May 2009 paper 4 Q 2------ What is meant by financial consequence????

Reaction score
as far as i know, bank a/c is not transferred to the realisation account, all other assets and liabilities are transferred
when another company takes over, the purchase consideration is included in the realisation
u might have confused with the bank costs or something else like that

Reaction score
for may 2009 paper 4 q2, financial consequence refers to the consequence the company will face if they chose any of the two options
if they sell for more than the realisable value of the net assets, the company will make profit, if not they will make loss
(both options make losses here though, only the amount of losses is different)