• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Add Math help needed!

Reaction score
celoth scouserlfc Haris Bin Zahid
Listen could any of you solve this question, it's on loci (math) : Construct ABC in which AB = 8 cm, BC = 7.5 cm and AC = 6 cm. On the same diagram, construct
a) the locus of point P on the same side of AB as point C and such that the area of APB = area of ACB.
I constructed the diagram but I can't make out where P could lie :confused:

Reaction score
Listen could any of you solve this question, it's on loci (math) : Construct ABC in which AB = 8 cm, BC = 7.5 cm and AC = 6 cm. On the same diagram, construct
a) the locus of point P on the same side of AB as point C and such that the area of APB = area of ACB.

Wait ive done this in my register before ill let u know as soon as i see it :D Dont feel like solving now :p

Reaction score
Sorry, I haven't learnt loci yet.

Reaction score

had too much trouble when solving myself... well it doesnt say that the point P should be inside the triangle so it gives a free hand... take the perpendicular bisector of AB nd the perpendicular bisector of any other side.... make a circumcircle and all points on that circle will be equal in length now for the angle u vl need to use that theorem in which the angles subscribed by two lines at any point will bell equal nd measure the angle C nd mark it from AB at another point.... complicated... sorry i em not good at explaining.........