• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Add Maths 4037 ( help required)

Reaction score
I personally find the topic of permutations and combinations to be the most difficult. Can anyone please suggest some useful tips to tackle questions of this kind as well as some general tips. I would greatly appreciate early assistance!!!

Reaction score
Any specific question??
Theres a lot in the topic.......just remember that permutations are used when the order is necessary and combinations when it isnt

Reaction score
abcde said:
I personally find the topic of permutations and combinations to be the most difficult. Can anyone please suggest some useful tips to tackle questions of this kind as well as some general tips. I would greatly appreciate early assistance!!!

when order is important, permutations is used, when order isnt important, combinations is used.. check the link i have sent..

Reaction score
Seven friends decide to split into two groups of sizes 4 and 3. In how many ways can this be done if two particular persons must be in the same taxi?