• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Additional Math Paper 1, how was it?!

Reaction score
Mine wasnt how i expected it to be.. the paper was crazy difficult compared to the 2009 p1 and even the 2010 p1! :|

Reaction score
Mine was fine, it was a bit "easier" than i thought . hope that tomorrow will be okay also

Reaction score
Mine went very well !!!!!! :) :) :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Except for the question number 11 lsat part :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Reaction score
can anyone please help me. i can't get the answer right. this is on vector..

THE POINTS P , Q AND R ARE SUCH THAT QR=4PQ , GIVEN THAT THE POSITION VECTORS OF P AND Q RELATIVE TO AN ORIGIN ARE 6i+7j AND 9i+20j respectively, find the unit vector parallel to OR.

URGENTLY AND THANK YOU!!!

Reaction score
IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EASY. seriously i dont knw why people found Q 11 difficult. My czin was appearing and he couldnt do it but it was quite easy, all parts. i did a careless mistake in Q10 but apart from that, to the best of my knowledge there were no other mistakes. aiming for a 78/80

Reaction score
QR=4PQ
OR - OQ = 4(0Q - OP)
OR = 4(OQ-OP) + OQ

Solve and find OR

find magnitude of OR and then divide OR by its magnitude

Reaction score
HarisShahzad said:
IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EASY. seriously i dont knw why people found Q 11 difficult. My czin was appearing and he couldnt do it but it was quite easy, all parts. i did a careless mistake in Q10 but apart from that, to the best of my knowledge there were no other mistakes. aiming for a 78/80
Mine was also gr8 but only question 11 last part wasnt good because of shortage of tym...
I was very much relaxed when i realised taht i am short of time :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Reaction score
great...i didnt run out of time just made a silly mistake----i knew how to solve the paper yet i made a silly mistake

Reaction score
the paper was outstanding, fantastic, fabulous.....
I think i just lost 4 marks only
but..... still some silly mistakes

Reaction score
Smart-Guy said:
the paper was outstanding, fantastic, fabulous.....
I think i just lost 4 marks only
but..... still some silly mistakes

same her but i love ECF (Error Carried Forward), ill probably only lose a mark or two

Reaction score
Haris Shahzad....r u talking abt the same paper (IGCSE paper 1 variant 2)i gave?

Lets see...whatdhja get 4 Q 11....which ur cuzin dint do( integration)

Reaction score
part two, the one that said differentiate in form A/[sqrt (1+x)] + Bx/[sqrt (1+x)]^3. A was 2 and B was -1. third part was integral of x/[sqrt (1+x)]^3 with limits of 0 and 3, the answer was 1 :)

Reaction score
yeah...the circular measure was 47.7 and 30.7....i got a silly mistake in th perimeter part
and what else?

Reaction score
correct :D. I chose twelve Either. didnt even look at or. EITHER was highly easy. there was also finding the rate of increase of volume. we had to find that by dV/dt=dV/dx * dx/dt. to find dV/dx we had to find volumes formula. IT was 4x^3 but i accidently wrote x^3. ill get marks for the method but still im dissapointed :(

Reaction score
for p1...the question on rate of change... the answer was 3x10^-4 and 0.09???