• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Additional Mathematics (Paper 2) Discussion

mau

Reaction score
I lost 7 morks in p1 and 10 marks in p2(mostly because of having drawn the velocity diagram wrong). How much can I expect my results to be???

Reaction score
mau said:
I lost 7 morks in p1 and 10 marks in p2(mostly because of having drawn the velocity diagram wrong). How much can I expect my results to be???

I guess, you'll be getting an A.

Reaction score
umm overall quite a good paper and according to me i lost 10 marks in both papers
N i'm aiming 1 in it will it be possible
CUz i knw i've made sme silly mistakes

Reaction score
i messed up my paper 1 a bit (due to shortage of time. My fault there :cry:) but my paper 2 went very well.

Do you guys think i can still hope to get a 1?

Cuz i heard to get a 1 in Add Maths is like really hard... :?

Reaction score
Indeed getting a 1 in addmaths is hard and for you to get it, you must not lose more than 12 marks approximately

Reaction score
hmm so what were the answers u guys got.........

for relative velocity i got 107 mins.
In perms i got 840, 240, 80
For the area of the trapezium i got 28.6
I got x=5 for Q12 EITHER functions

Reaction score
i lost 1 mark hideously in p1, but i think, rather believe, that p2 was 100%, i hpe im nt saying a lil too much but thats the truth of it.

Reaction score
yes me too i got the same answer :D. For the question on matrix what did you get?

Reaction score
The Paper was better than p1.I did very well but in the end I just realised that I did a v.silly mistakes.For Question 12-I did the either part but didn't realise that i wrote Qn12(or)..will that be ok?I am so worried about it :?

Reaction score
the answer for the matrix question is nt 30.7, bt 61.4
i'm sure of myself,coz i am used to do percentaging for my marks...
n tell me how can the guy have abt 30% when in each test he scored an average of 30 marks over 50!!!
he gt 32,31,30, which means that he scored 93 over 150 marks!!!
which is equivalent to more than 50% !!!!
for the first test, he scored 32 marks out of 50,
therefore,
20% of 32/50 !!!
at first i did get 30.7, bt then i asked myself the ?
how he failed with an average of 30% in each test!!!!
i'm pretty sure of myself
:ugeek:

Reaction score
seems like i did a slight mistake in the calculation . i got 31 :( . do you think that error carried forward will be applied here? :cry:

Reaction score
well then what did u understand abt the question???
it told u find the total marks he scored, which means on 100, n the three tests together were 150 marks...
n it said that 20% of the marks were taken 4 the 1st test, 30% for the 2nd one, n 50% for the 3rd one...
i never said to find percentage!!!
i said to do percentaging!!! theres a difference!!!!
n if u obtained 30.7, can u tell me that this mark was on how many??????????

Reaction score
basch said:
seems like i did a slight mistake in the calculation . i got 31 :( . do you think that error carried forward will be applied here? :cry:

4 add maths, theres no error carried forward.. its nt corrected in the same way as maths..
there is method mark n accuracy mark...
u'll lose ur accuracy mark for sure, it'll be only 1 mark... so cheer up!!1 :)

Reaction score
akshay.RONALDO said:
it told u find the total marks he scored, which means on 100, n the three tests together were 150 marks...
n it said that 20% of the marks were taken 4 the 1st test, 30% for the 2nd one, n 50% for the 3rd one...
n if u obtained 30.7, can u tell me that this mark was on how many??????????[/quote
akshay.RONALDO said:
n if u obtained 30.7, can u tell me that this mark was on how many??????????
Each test was for 50 marks....now they were weighting each test which means that the marks in test 1 was multiplied by 0.2...in test 2 it was multip. by 0.3 and test 3, 0.5. So, total marks obtained by the student was also out of 50.

Reaction score
BTW what did u guys get for the trigonometry part 2

I got 3 results...30, 150 and 270 degrees...i dun remember that clearly though