• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Advantages of doing AS and A2 together

Reaction score
Please could me say whether it is advantageous to do that.And im selecting these subjects .Is it too much :D :)
Chemistry
Phy
Bio
Pure math
Mechanics

Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Where are the subject listed? :s
Anyway, the advantage could be that you get 1 year saved, but at the expense of getting good grades (most of the time).

Reaction score
Well...from my past experiences.

It depends on the subjects you're taking and how many of them. If AS syllabus is closely related with A2, then why not?

Though I once did AS and A2 together, and unfortunately, the end result is rather unsatisfying.
There were also a lot of clashes between the papers in my case.
It was just one paper after another in the same morning/afternoon session.

I could even hear some tummies rumbling. :ROFLMAO:

Anyhow, best of luck if you're taking both! :)

Reaction score
saleena said:
Please could me say whether it is advantageous to do that.And im selecting these subjects .Is it too much :D :)

Thanks in advance :)
it is advantageous!!! i can give a million reasons!!
GO FOR IT!

Reaction score
i can u kindly tel sum advantages..i am also in this chosing wat to do AS or A stage?

Reaction score
Hey,i have the same problem here.I am planning to do my As and A2 level biolgy together .Is it beneficial?Or will it be very hard for me?I will be sitting on next may because i got a C in As bio!
Please help :/

Reaction score
I gave full A-level in May/june 2011 8004 GP 9700 Biology 9701 Chemistry 9702 Physics and 9709 Mathematics and got 70 87 83 96 86 percentiles..// so i say go for it !!

Reaction score
The only dis-advantage of giving full A'levels is the hectic schedule at the end when several papers are scheduled on the day, otherwise, there are only advantages. You save money and are more mature by the end of the two years, hence, you get better marks in the AS components of the exam since you have practiced alot for them.

Reaction score
and yr does applying on the basis of one's AS level grades make the applicant stronger than the one who is applying on the basis of school's A1 grades?

Reaction score
You apply to universities in the middle of your A2. This means you haven't passed out your A2 yet. So obviously you will send AS grades only.

Reaction score
cheema123 said:
i can u kindly tel sum advantages..i am also in this chosing wat to do AS or A stage?
1. u're more experienced at the practicals so ur p5 goes well
2.when u've done AS, some topics of A2 are just its continuation so u need not do things again n again
3.at the end of A2 ,AS will seem like KG1 to u!
4.more confidence in u
u wanna listen to more???
anyways i gave AS and A2 together
and i got 3A's and 1A*!
A* in phy
A's in chem bio n maths!!
SO I WOULD SAY GO FOR IT!

Reaction score
cheema123 said:
and yr does applying on the basis of one's AS level grades make the applicant stronger than the one who is applying on the basis of school's A1 grades?

That can only be confirmed by the universities. Obviously, the transcripts sent from school are difficult to be believe in, whereas AS level is an official result from the CIE. But it totally depends on the universities criteria.

Reaction score
I gave AS and A2 separately and I got 3 A* and 1 A. A* in phy, chem and math. So it's better not to do combined.

Reaction score
@ princesszahra,...if i may ask u,who did u take tuitions from in ur A-levels..what was ur equivilence mark and in which medical college r u studying right now?...hope u dont mind the questions..................regards!

Reaction score
zain tariq said:
@ princesszahra,...if i may ask u,who did u take tuitions from in ur A-levels..what was ur equivilence mark and in which medical college r u studying right now?...hope u dont mind the questions..................regards!
i took tutions only in summer vacations ie i completed my A2 before actually starting it ! it was from ALGC teachers (lahore)
my equivalence 914/1100
i'll pm u my medical college!!

Reaction score
I have two exams in octnov this year.that is chem As and phy As.So,in may i am planning to give As and A2 bio,chem a2 and phy a2 on may2012.Do i have to study a lot?will it be too much pressure on me?

Reaction score
sabrina1234 said:
I have two exams in octnov this year.that is chem As and phy As.So,in may i am planning to give As and A2 bio,chem a2 and phy a2 on may2012.Do i have to study a lot?will it be too much pressure on me?
it wont be alot to study!!