• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Advice needed regarding A Levels.

Reaction score
AOA.
I have just completed my O Levels this June and will InShaAllah start my A Levels. I had a few questions and confusions and will greatly appreciate your advice.
Firstly, I am a science student and have given 11 subjects in O levels (Bio, Phy, Chem, ICT, Commerce and English Lit along with the 5 compulsory ones) so which subjects do I go for in A levels? ATM, I've almost certain to choose Phy, Chem, Maths and ICT in A Levels. Is this fine? Furthermore, should I give another subject? If so, then which one? I am planning to go for (electrical/software) engineering, IA, so kindly recommend me a good subject combination. And AS or A2? Its quite confusing :S.
And 11 subjects in O Levels are fine, right?

Secondly, I did not take Add Maths in O levels (studied in for one year in O1 then dropped it) and I've been hearing this alot that those who did not study it will have alot of difficulty in doing A Level Maths, blah blah blah. I'm good at Maths Alhamdulillah, but then again I've seen how add math students were troubled by the subject which lead to a doubt whether I'll be able to do it or not. Its quite confusing, as one side of me wants to enjoy the vacations whereas the other one wants me to do some A Level Maths... What should I do according to you guys? Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :)

smj

Reaction score
4 subject in A level in more than enough. I think that your subjects are ideal for electrical or any other kind of engineering.
And no u don't need to worry about Math
I myself gave add math in O levels but I gave it so I gave Accelerated Math (that is A level Math in one year)
You will have two years for math so don't worry. U will be able to do it.
Most people who take A level math have not done Add Math in O levels and still end up with an A*and A.
hope that helps