• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Advice needed urgently!!What happens if I am unable to attend the exam??

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am going to have to travel overseas on account of my brother's very serious medical situation. Because of this, I may end up missing my papers.

What do I do? Can I apply to the British Council for any sort of compassionate deference of the papers, or something like that? Or do I just skip the exams, and lose the money?

How does it work?

Please advise me...

And do remember me and my family, especially my brother in your duas, and prayers :)

Reaction score
Erm, i dont have facebook...

Thanx anyway for the advice, much appreciated :D

Guess ill email the BC directly, or maybe someone else will reply...

Thanx again...

Reaction score
Please tell me what they say. i have already emailed them but have not received a reply as yet. I may not be able to appear for one of my exams as well. What will i get as a grade instead?

Reaction score
Please tell me what they say. i have already emailed them but have not received a reply as yet. I may not be able to appear for one of my exams as well. What will i get as a grade instead?
The lady replied, she said that i could either choose to miss the exam or to pay the SR100 cancellation fee.
If i miss the exam, it will show no result on my SoR and i wont receive a certificate.
As to the cancellation fee: in the first email, she said i will not be refunded for the registration fee, so i assumed id be refunded for the exam fee only. but then she sent another email saying that i should send her the medical reports (i told her i would miss because of a medical emergency overseas) and then she would forward it to CIE in England, and they would see if i could get a refund.
That confused me quite a bit, and im still waiting for her reply to clarify it.
So basically, they dont defer your papers or anything ... you have to just register again and write in the next session :(

Reaction score
The lady replied, she said that i could either choose to miss the exam or to pay the SR100 cancellation fee.
If i miss the exam, it will show no result on my SoR and i wont receive a certificate.
As to the cancellation fee: in the first email, she said i will not be refunded for the registration fee, so i assumed id be refunded for the exam fee only. but then she sent another email saying that i should send her the medical reports (i told her i would miss because of a medical emergency overseas) and then she would forward it to CIE in England, and they would see if i could get a refund.
That confused me quite a bit, and im still waiting for her reply to clarify it.
So basically, they dont defer your papers or anything ... you have to just register again and write in the next session :(
can u please Pm me the Email of the CIE