• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

advice to take new subject

Should I take psycho?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
hello

I just dropped bio because I found it boring and unnecessary(i can do medicine without bio so it's useless as crap) and i'm debating whether to take a fourth subject as a replacement.

I currently take maths, physics, socio and am thinking about picking up psychology because it really interests me and I feel I would actually do well by taking it. but of course I gotta look at this realistically. so here's the situation:

i'm done with my AS, got 3 As(yes i'm showing off) and i'm applying to the UK so I don't need to taking any entry/standardized tests making my live really easy which is why I feel taking psycho wouldn't be an issue. but then, I feel that maybe doing the whole alevel course in almost 7 months would be really tough and put pressure on me.

could someone tell me their experience with psycho(especially those who took the AS exams), can the whole course be done in 7 months and if anyone else has had experience with taking a subject so late into the course, please tell how you found the experience and what grade you achieved.

any recommendations are appreciated. thannks

Reaction score
I'd say go for it. I dropped Business studies and took up Physics like 2 months before the end of AS Levels. Somewhere in January this year, writing the board exam right now (Oct/Nov 2018). Since I really loved Physics and was insanely good at the other subjects I had taken, I'm now at an A grade. Covering up everything from IGCSE to AS level and half of A level in like 9 months.

I'm also planning to take up Further Maths from November onwards and really challenge myself to finish it within 5 months (May/June 2019). Why? Because I love math, A lot. So basically, if you really like psycho, and you're interested in it, just take it up. Don't let that short period of time and pressure scare you.