• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

After wearing high heels a lot, wearing flats is really painful.

Reaction score
Hi, since I am rather short, I wear high heels and wedges a lot. Since the past year I've been wearing 5" stilettos a lot. A lot of times this is around 7-12 hours daily and at home I wear a wedged type of slipper. Gradually this seems to have deformed by feet and my toes are kind of locked downwards into a tip-toe position. When I sleep, I can't keep my feet unbent.

I tried on some sneakers and I just can't cope with them and for some reason, its painful. I can still cope with lower high heels but not kitten heels.

Any idea what has happened to my feet and how can I fix it to be able to wear flats comfortably again?

I also sometimes feel pain in my knees (not sure if this is related) and the pain when wearing flats comes from the area before my toes.
Will gradually decreasing heel size work? I'm just 18 btw.

The 5 inch shoes I wear are a bit like these
507-jodi.jpg

Reaction score
That's just an ankle strain sensation.....it will fade away in a few days

Mom says wearing heels can cause ankle and heel pains coz the joints r put into a strain and that's the scientific reason

Ok....if u wear a five inch heel u might be like 4ft 9inches tall or 5 ft l
Avoid wearing them coz it damage ur feet soft bones and cause sores in the future even with slight exertion

And u r young..u dont need to worry about how tall u wanna look at this age :/ u can still grow a few inches ...and heels disrupt the growth spurt coz of the uneven spreading ground they provide to the legs
Do stretches...gymnastics and climb monkey bars

I am 5'7 and I have never worn heels and my physicist says I am still at my growing spurt at age of 16.and he recommends me to wear trainers and flat soles to maintain my height and my flexibility or else I would loose my gymnastic abilities

I recommend u the same ...go for flat soles and trainers

Reaction score
Hi, since I am rather short, I wear high heels and wedges a lot. Since the past year I've been wearing 5" stilettos a lot. A lot of times this is around 7-12 hours daily and at home I wear a wedged type of slipper. Gradually this seems to have deformed by feet and my toes are kind of locked downwards into a tip-toe position. When I sleep, I can't keep my feet unbent.

I tried on some sneakers and I just can't cope with them and for some reason, its painful. I can still cope with lower high heels but not kitten heels.

Any idea what has happened to my feet and how can I fix it to be able to wear flats comfortably again?

I also sometimes feel pain in my knees (not sure if this is related) and the pain when wearing flats comes from the area before my toes.
Will gradually decreasing heel size work? I'm just 18 btw.

The 5 inch shoes I wear are a bit like these
507-jodi.jpg
it is temporary,your feet will soon get very used to of it,i think may be it is stretching of muscles they will settle in a week and then your feet might grew stronger against such stretches(it happened with me when i started still-running exercises on my heels, i somehow couldn't run standing at same place with full of my feet and whole of my legs muscles were pulled, though i stopped the exercises as pain increased, and when it ended, my feet were strengthened,like i can almost stand like a ballerina on my toes.
but remember wearing heels can hurt your foot structure in long term, though i understand your urge to wear them it is fine if you want to continue but in that case you should visit some physician first to prevent things from getting worse.

Reaction score
I've seen a doctor, who took an xray and said that I should try gradually decreasing the heel size. The problem is that if I try to shift directly to flats, it can be incredibly painful.

The doctor says, such deformation may or may not recover depending on the person.