• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Agriculture preperation questions :D

Reaction score
17- Explain why Upper Indus Plain and Northern Sindh have more than 50% of
their land under cultivation? [6]

The have considerable flat land which favours cultivation, the indus and its
tributaries drop of a lot of fertile alluvium in these 2 areas therefore the
soil also favours the cultivation coz its soft and loamy and fertile,these both areas have feasibility to water
supply from the indus river and rainfall +dedicated canals network., they both have suitable
climates for cultivation, not getting too harshly cold, they are also
densely populated and have developed infrastructure therefore the cultivation is necessary to fullfill the
needs of the locals and industries and it can be easily transported,

i dont feel good about this answer.. someone please provide a perfect answer ......... can i include in the answer that this area is safe from tropical cyclones , land slides, avalanches etc ??

Reaction score
can you answer the above question and also post the other questions ???? :D plzzz :D if u have any of other topics then please post them aswell tnksss

Reaction score
u need 6 basic points ok?
1. flat udulating land that favours cultivation and agriculture
2. soil is fertile , abundance of alluvium
3. upper indus plain has many rivers whch create many doabs and hence there is abundnce of water , in the northrn sindh there is the huuge river indus whch is enough to meet water demands
4. climate is favourable, not very hot or verry cold , moderate rainfall
5. densely populated, good infrastructure and markets
6. industries are present whch add to its demand
i thnk these 6 are enuf and othr reasons r merely optional !!!

Reaction score
InshallahAajaega said:
maybe the pprz old and thts y the answer is hhad ka fazul !!!!!!!!!!!! :p
I agree :p cie hai he fazul xD

Translucent231 said:
can you answer the above question and also post the other questions ???? :D plzzz :D if u have any of other topics then please post them aswell tnksss
I will add more as soon as possible :D

There are 80 questions :D relax ill keep u guys busy for a while :p

Reaction score
i have a couple of questions if you guys dnt mind :p some of these questions answers i dont understand. Such as why do farmers want a pair of bullocks? and also, why is 65% of pakistan not used for agriculture?? and also
18- Explain why mountainous and desert areas of Pakistan have less than 20% of their land under cultivation? [5]
19- Describe nomadic or semi-nomadic pastoral farming and explain the reasons for it being nomadic. [7]
12- For sugarcane, name an area important for growing it. [1]I thought this was lasbela district? :s
3- Name 3 grain crops and for each state whether it is Rabi or Kharif crop. [4] what is a grain crop?

Reaction score
farmers want to own a pair of bullocks because
---it is a matter of pride
---the bullock will provide meat and milk
---for draft power as many farmers are poor and can not afford machinery

65% of pakistan not used for agri:
---rugged landscape and mountainous terrain such as northern mountains. this makes agri difficult as fields have to be terraced
---insufficent precipitation in many areas
---irrigation system not developed in balochistan
---arid climatic conditions
---thin soil(use this word instead of infertile) in many areas
---loss of farmland because of water logging and salinity

q18
---all points from above except last one

q19
Describe:
NOMADIC FARMING
---move from place to place with animals
---in search of pastures
---in search of water
---only few animals
reasons
---no fixed settlements
---subsistence so low number of animals
---scarcity of food and pastures

I aint that sure about q19

q12
---check from book, u can name any

q3
---Wheat: Rabi
---Rice:Kharif
---Maize:Kharif

Reaction score
ill try bro but im a little busy today, im printing past papers from my bro hus exam is tomorrow. thats y there is a little delay in posting the other questions.
i will try to post answers
however you should try to solve and then post here if you find somethign difficult

Reaction score
Lasbela district, is emerging as a cotton growing area, not a sugar cane one.. :D
Plus, guyz, you know that giving examples of insitutions are also good ways to answer questions.
So,
I'll give u guyz a list of institutions, (not farming ones).... Hope u'll add some too..
SCARP - Salinity Control and Reclamation project
PSIC - Pakkistan Small Industries Corporation
WAPDA (YES, we all hate it) - Water and Power Development Authority
NHA - National Housing Authority
Small Dams Organization

Others??

Reaction score
some other instituitions
-PIDC (pakistan industries development corporation)
-PSIC (punjab small industries corporation)
-SSIC (sindh small industries corporation)
-KESC (karachi electric supply company)
-PTCL (pakistan telecommunication authority)
-PTA (pakistan telecommunication authority)
-NTA (national telecommunication authority)
:D

Reaction score
Two questions (from first 20)

15- State three processes necessary for the cultivation of sugarcane. [3]
16- State the form in which it is taken to the sugar mill. [1]

They are so wierd question, Below is my attempt at it
Ans 15.
Sowing, Growing Harvesting??? (I bet my wallet they can be cultivated without any of these)

Ans16.
In form of erect stalk ? (is their any other form?)

Reaction score
q16---just write stalks :D its perfectly fine

q15---preparing fields by irrigation and weedin
sowing
spraying insecticides
adding fertilisers
harvesting can also be a process

growing is not a process cuz u don carry it out :p

Reaction score
3 questions:

25- How does the farming that depends on natural inundation(flooding) differ from farming that depends on irrigation? [4]

29- Explain why rice growing is important in North East Punjab and North Lower Indus plain of Sindh. [5]

27- Why rice is a Kharif crop? [2] (I wanna shoot a question back at the examiner, "Why are you CIE examiner")

Well I find 27 to be another which belong to the group of wierdo questions.
About question 29, I really need an answer.
and in Q5 I cant find make up 4 points.

Reaction score
Anon said:
3 questions:

25- How does the farming that depends on natural inundation(flooding) differ from farming that depends on irrigation? [4]

29- Explain why rice growing is important in North East Punjab and North Lower Indus plain of Sindh. [5]

27- Why rice is a Kharif crop? [2] (I wanna shoot a question back at the examiner, "Why are you CIE examiner")

Well I find 27 to be another which belong to the group of wierdo questions.
About question 29, I really need an answer.
and in Q5 I cant find make up 4 points.

rice growing is important in North East Punjab and North of the Lower Indus Plain,
1. Because rice can be obtained from these areas
2. Good areas for rice cultivation. Elaborate on the development of irrigation, favourable climate, level land, and alluvial soil.
3. Important for the growing population of these areas. Punjab is the most densely populated province and next is Sindh, so rice provides for the diet of the people of these areas.
4. Government pays attention to farmers of these areas, by providing loans etc.
I really don't know anymore.. but this'll get u 4-5 marks, (I hope).

Farming depending upon natural inundation
In it, the farmer usually grows a certain type of crop, at certain times, and other crops can not be grown. For example, the fields are usually inundated in summers, with the high water flow in rivers, from the melting of snow in the Northern areas, so this shows, that he can only grow a kharif crop, and not rabi crops in the winter, because the fields would not get inundated. Likewise, machinery would also be lacking, as the overall output would be low, and mechanization would really not be supported in such areas of farming. Labour intensive. Loans would not be provided.
Whereas,
in the other type of farming, irrigation bridges the rainfall gap, and likewise, mechanization would be present. HYv's will be used, and the farmer would pay attention to the water supply, maintain it, and drain the fields, during the times of harvest.
Otherwise, the processes would be the same.

And, remember, when they ask u about a question to compare, you give both sides of the story, in the same paragraph, not a like i did, with giving two separate descriptions.

The other question, it's weird indeed :D