• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

alevel chemistry grades...

Reaction score
hey guys... i got B in AS chemistry in june 2014 with component grades A, B and C... is it still possible to get A grade in A2?

Reaction score
The grades do not entirely depend on the components. If your overall marks are more than the threshold marks for A then you will get an A grade.

Reaction score
Btw, do they also give the component grades on the cie website because for igcse they didn’t.

Reaction score
hey guys... i got B in AS chemistry in june 2014 with component grades A, B and C... is it still possible to get A grade in A2?
What I know is that jumping one grade up is not that difficult but it depends on whether the B u got is a high one or a low one
If u tell me what were your total marks in the three papers it would be easier to predict

huh

Reaction score
Fatima, I got the same component grades as you also in May/June and got a B. I can tell you that you can get an A for A levels with a little hard work but it's impossible for you to get an A*. By the way, I am repeating Chemistry, just thought I would mention it.

Reaction score
Fatima, I got the same component grades as you also in May/June and got a B. I can tell you that you can get an A for A levels with a little hard work but it's impossible for you to get an A*. By the way, I am repeating Chemistry, just thought I would mention it.
A is enough.. i cant digest an a*:D