• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Alevel English Literature help!

Reaction score
Salaam,

I am a private A'level student, first year and have some questions about CIE Alevel English Literature

1) In paper 3? The poetry section, do you have to study all the poems or just a few? I am doing Ted Hughes poetry but cannot seem to find all of the poems anywhere

Which brings me to my next question,
2) Does anyone have the Ted Hughes new Selected Poems- 1957-1994? Or where can I find them?
Preferably a internet link

3) Is there anything important which I should know about the subject before I start?

Thank you

Reaction score
CIE releases its own comprehensive collections of poetry and I suspect you might have to buy one. You are unlikely to find all the poems required online.

The subject is going to be difficult, so you better have an amazing teacher and you ought to do all your work because producing outstanding analyses in 1-2 hours is going to be a killer.