• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Alevel Urdu 9686. Help needed

Reaction score
Can anyone pls help regarding Urdu???????????????????????????? :(
paragraphs....but thats a comparison not a summary and it must be in our own language as much as possible and contain 5 core points from both the paragraphs.read examiner reports of last latest 2 years and you will be doing accurately otherwise you will do mistakes in patterns.

Reaction score
paragraphs....but thats a comparison not a summary and it must be in our own language as much as possible and contain 5 core points from both the paragraphs.read examiner reports of last latest 2 years and you will be doing accurately otherwise you will do mistakes in patterns.
hey hav u given Alevel urdu? Ineed some queries to b answerd

Reaction score
write the questions in numbers
First of all , jst guide me regarding PAPER 4 (TEXTS). I am so confused as to how must I select 3 questions. the paper seems so cluttered in pastpapers :( ( iknow its a foolish question but m way to confsd)

Reaction score
First of all , jst guide me regarding PAPER 4 (TEXTS). I am so confused as to how must I select 3 questions. the paper seems so cluttered in pastpapers :( ( iknow its a foolish question but m way to confsd)
1 question from poetry(either nazmein or ghazlein) and 1 from afsanas and one from either amrao jan aada or anarkali

Reaction score
I also need help regarding Urdu 9686. someone plz explain fully.
1) what type of notes are allowed in examination hall?
2) Is the choice in paper 4 like this: Section 1: Contains 3 questions (each of 2 parts) and we have to solve any 1 (compulsory) from section 1.
Section 2: Contains 3 questions (each of 2 parts) and we have to solve any 1 (compulsory) from this section too.
So is it really sure that we have to solve 2 parts (compulsory) and any 1 other part to make a total of 3
"truth is I can't believe this, to solve 3 out of 12 question, excess of choice"
3) In paper 2 (comprehension), how to solve last two questions? Should we write 10 points in comparison and 5 points in the next question, in accordance with marks 10 and 5 respectively.

4) can u provide any sample essays? I could not find solved past papers for Urdu.

Reaction score
2) Is the choice in paper 4 like this: Section 1: Contains 3 questions (each of 2 parts) and we have to solve any 1 (compulsory) from section 1.
Section 2: Contains 3 questions (each of 2 parts) and we have to solve any 1 (compulsory) from this section too.
So is it really sure that we have to solve 2 parts (compulsory) and any 1 other part to make a total of 3
"truth is I can't believe this, to solve 3 out of 12 question, excess of choice"
3) In paper 2 (comprehension), how to solve last two questions? Should we write 10 points in comparison and 5 points in the next question, in accordance with marks 10 and 5 respectively.

4) can u provide any sample essays? I could not find solved past papers for Urdu.
26354464783 Can you help pls :) Even i have these queries.

Reaction score

Sadiya , i am too facing problem as to how should I make the selection of question in p4 :O

Reaction score
P4.....you are allowed to take the authorised text book with you.
For poetry understand the verses and write AS PER THE DEMAND OF THE QUESTION NOT THE ROTE LEARNED GENERAL ANSWERS. THIS HAS BEEN EMPHASIZED IN EVERY EXAMINER REPORT.
Read the examiner reports and mark schemes carefully...very important...for understanding the patterns
For afsanas write as per the question's demand...generally write an introductory paragraph, then address the both sides of the argument....write a conclusion int the end. Give relevant references from the core original text and support your view point with them.
For anarkali pretty much the same way as for answering the afsanas.
For P3....do not write a pre-prepared answer and address the focus of the question by always writing about the both sides of the argument proposed and them moving onto the conclusion.
P2 : answers must be to the point and in your own words.

Reaction score
P4.....you are allowed to take the authorised text book with you.
For poetry understand the verses and write AS PER THE DEMAND OF THE QUESTION NOT THE ROTE LEARNED GENERAL ANSWERS. THIS HAS BEEN EMPHASIZED IN EVERY EXAMINER REPORT.
Read the examiner reports and mark schemes carefully...very important...for understanding the patterns
For afsanas write as per the question's demand...generally write an introductory paragraph, then address the both sides of the argument....write a conclusion int the end. Give relevant references from the core original text and support your view point with them.
For anarkali pretty much the same way as for answering the afsanas.
For P3....do not write a pre-prepared answer and address the focus of the question by always writing about the both sides of the argument proposed and them moving onto the conclusion.
P2 : answers must be to the point and in your own words.
a bit more help plz....I'm not understanding the choice in P4. Can u clear it to me. All I can understand from past papers is that we have to solve 3 out of 12 questions in P4. is it right??
Secondly, I am thinking about leaving afsanas or Amrao Jan Ada and I'm just gonna prepare Anarkali, Ghazals and Poems. Will this be alright? (according to the choice in paper)

Reaction score
a bit more help plz....I'm not understanding the choice in P4. Can u clear it to me. All I can understand from past papers is that we have to solve 3 out of 12 questions in P4. is it right??
Secondly, I am thinking about leaving afsanas or Amrao Jan Ada and I'm just gonna prepare Anarkali, Ghazals and Poems. Will this be alright? (according to the choice in paper)

No WRONG choice please. what we did at school is doing section 1, part 2 (page 16 of the syllabus) of the nazamein as this section has a different question on nazmein and part 3 of the same section has a different question. Just prepare section 2 starting from Nazir's 'aadmi nama' and ending at 'woh subh kabhi tu ayegi' by Sahir. BUT REMEMBER SYLLABUS CHANGES EVERY YEAR SO CHECK THE SYLLABUS FOR YOUR EXAMINATION YEAR. THIS APPLIES TO ESSAYS OF P3 AS WELL.

Then we did afsanas and anarkali...They are easy, do them. Please read examiner reports for all the papers especially p2 and p4. Avoid question on afsana 'toba tek singh' by Manto ;if it is there for your examination's year syllabus as well. Read the syllabus yourself.

Reaction score
No WRONG choice please. what we did at school is doing section 1, part 2 (page 16 of the syllabus) of the nazamein as this section has a different question on nazmein and part 3 of the same section has a different question. Just prepare section 2 starting from Nazir's 'aadmi nama' and ending at 'woh subh kabhi tu ayegi' by Sahir. BUT REMEMBER SYLLABUS CHANGES EVERY YEAR SO CHECK THE SYLLABUS FOR YOUR EXAMINATION YEAR. THIS APPLIES TO ESSAYS OF P3 AS WELL.

Then we did afsanas and anarkali...They are easy, do them. Please read examiner reports for all the papers especially p2 and p4. Avoid question on afsana 'toba tek singh' by Manto ;if it is there for your examination's year syllabus as well. Read the syllabus yourself.
one more favor..if u can provide.. Can u share your notes or any other source from which you prepared questions like: Poetic qualities of Mir and Ghalib, and other argumentative questions like "Majaz ki shaairi jazbat-o-ehsasat ki saairi hai. Give ur arguments"....etc...etc

Reaction score
one more favor..if u can provide.. Can u share your notes or any other source from which you prepared questions like: Poetic qualities of Mir and Ghalib, and other argumentative questions like "Majaz ki shaairi jazbat-o-ehsasat ki saairi hai. Give ur arguments"....etc...etc
Understand the poetry yourself and practice yourself. If you are not good at urdu or never did urdu language A; i would recommend you that going to an experienced teacher is better. At least for practice. Do nazms, they are easier and less in number. We use the books written by our teacher and available at defence book center, h block, dha, lahore, phase 2 in the basement. Mazahar Abbas chaudhry compiled berg-e-gul...core text book (allowed in the examination hall)....a book for afsanas , a book for anarkali...they all are quite affordable i guess 2 to 2.5 hundred rupees. Best of Luck.