• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A'levels in pakistan!!??

Reaction score
Which college is the best for doing A'levels in pakistan.......
I have some colleges in my list they are:
-> Aitchison lahore.
-> Roots islamabad.
-> west minister islamabad...
Plz need suggestions... :)

Reaction score
People say KGS is good, but I also hear that most of their students take tuitions. Nixor is really good, PAF chapter has some really good teachers and hence is good. I don't really know about any A level schools outside of Karachi.

Reaction score
People say KGS is good, but I also hear that most of their students take tuitions. Nixor is really good, PAF chapter has some really good teachers and hence is good. I don't really know about any A level schools outside of Karachi.
Lyceum is another really good school in Karachi..they are like really few people here who take tuitions...

Reaction score
A worldwide rule related to studying says:
You cannot get good grades even if you are in the best school but do not study on your own
AND
You can get the best grades even if you are in the worst of schools but have a will to study on your own!

Reaction score
-> Aitchison lahore.
-> Roots islamabad.
can you tell me ur goal whether your aim is within islamabad or whole of pak. so i can post a list

Reaction score
There is no good school in pakistan..People say go to kgs or lgs or nixar or lecole or pf chapter or st pats...but at the end of the day most students have coaching..they pay a high amount of fees going in to good schools and also pay 15ooo plus in tutions...my advice would be to go the a very decent and normal school...get good tutions and complete Alevels smoothly..the reason for this is Alevel degree has a lesser value to private students...

Reaction score
There is no good school in pakistan..People say go to kgs or lgs or nixar or lecole or pf chapter or st pats...but at the end of the day most students have coaching..they pay a high amount of fees going in to good schools and also pay 15ooo plus in tutions...my advice would be to go the a very decent and normal school...get good tutions and complete Alevels smoothly..the reason for this is Alevel degree has a lesser value to private students...

Are you kidding me? Who needs tuitions when a person has some of the best teachers in the city teaching them?? The tuition teachers will teach you the same thing your school teachers will. You can go and take tuitions and waste your money or you can study easily without tuitions at home by revising all the concepts learned in school that day and then revise everything on the weekend? Is that really hard?

Reaction score
I think I can help you. I did my O levels from Roots Islamabad and believe me it actually is just a thoroughly average school. There was alot of hype about Ali Moen Nawazish (24As guy - he rarely came to school) and that made roots famous so alot of kids went there blah blah blah. As far as Islamabad goes Headstart and Westminister and all the others are about on the same level. Roots isnt too bad but it isnt that good either. I have now shifted to Lahore and both of my brothers study in Aitchison and well everyone here knows it is considered to be the most prestgious school in the country(best, largest campus and boarding house and alot of their graduates end up in ivy league). While Aitchison comes with a huge swagger factor admission is extremely competitive. You need atleast 9As in O levels in one go, but if youre well connected you should try. Give Aitchson you best shot, but dont be too disappointed if you dont get in. As far as the other private schools go there really is no big difference and they are about the same.

Reaction score
Are you kidding me? Who needs tuitions when a person has some of the best teachers in the city teaching them?? The tuition teachers will teach you the same thing your school teachers will. You can go and take tuitions and waste your money or you can study easily without tuitions at home by revising all the concepts learned in school that day and then revise everything on the weekend? Is that really hard?
so true..

Reaction score

sir this is not the case everywhere... there are several good institutions mate....

Reaction score
Musab School System... Find a single guy from this school who is taking further coaching from any tuition....

Reaction score
salam all!! i gave physics ,chem, accounts, business studies ,english language,additional maths and maths this year for my o levels and i m waiting for my result but i m only expecting 1 A out of seven so which college shud i opt for or shud i do my A level's privately ?? on second thought if my result is not good enogh then my friends are telling me to do inter but i cannot do so because i didn't gave bio or computer so wat shud i do??? help needed urgent!!

Reaction score
salam all!! i gave physics ,chem, accounts, business studies ,english language,additional maths and maths this year for my o levels and i m waiting for my result but i m only expecting 1 A out of seven so which college shud i opt for or shud i do my A level's privately ?? on second thought if my result is not good enogh then my friends are telling me to do inter but i cannot do so because i didn't gave bio or computer so wat shud i do??? help needed urgent!!
A levels isn't a piece of cake mate, you cannot give it privately. Studying from school is so much better than studying privately.

Reaction score
-> Aitchison lahore.
-> Roots islamabad.
well u can go for BMI or Roots or even LGS... cuz the teachers in each of the school r same...but u have to choose the best teachers... for Chemistry Sir Shabeer Jungee is the best in ISB and he also teaches elsewhere... and for Physics sir Naveed i guess is good... so all the schools r equally good but dependson u which u like the best. I asked a teacher of mine who teaches in BMI for a long long long tym and she was like u can go to LGS cuz the set-up is small and the teachers there r the same as of BMI so in this way u will get full attention of the teachers and wont need to run here nd there for academies. plus LGS is also quite cheap so if God forbid u dont get straight A's or sth LGS offers concession and all... So now its upto u....Best of Luck :)

Reaction score
well u can go for BMI or Roots or even LGS... cuz the teachers in each of the school r same...but u have to choose the best teachers... for Chemistry Sir Shabeer Jungee is the best in ISB and he also teaches elsewhere... and for Physics sir Naveed i guess is good... so all the schools r equally good but dependson u which u like the best. I asked a teacher of mine who teaches in BMI for a long long long tym and she was like u can go to LGS cuz the set-up is small and the teachers there r the same as of BMI so in this way u will get full attention of the teachers and wont need to run here nd there for academies. plus LGS is also quite cheap so if God forbid u dont get straight A's or sth LGS offers concession and all... So now its upto u....Best of Luck :)

lgs is actually expensive over here in Lahore. I heard that they have a point system...A star scores 10 points while A is just 5. And when you get 60 points you have full schorlaship. 55 points, 90% scholarship. 50 points 75% and 40 points 50%. and nothing below. This is much harder to get then other schools policy of giving 100 percent for 8 A's and 75 percent for 7A's and 50 percent for 6 A's.

Reaction score
A levels isn't a piece of cake mate, you cannot give it privately. Studying from school is so much better than studying privately.
i gave alevel privately and it was easy. most of my coaching frndx were from gud colleges and they studied college in the morning and took coaching in the evening. it was more hectic for them.

Reaction score
lgs is actually expensive over here in Lahore. I heard that they have a point system...A star scores 10 points while A is just 5. And when you get 60 points you have full schorlaship. 55 points, 90% scholarship. 50 points 75% and 40 points 50%. and nothing below. This is much harder to get then other schools policy of giving 100 percent for 8 A's and 75 percent for 7A's and 50 percent for 6 A's.
oh I dont know about LGS in Lahore...i was talking abt LGS in Isloo. But the info is quite good :)