• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Any TIPS For ENGLISH Guys..?!

Reaction score
In a letter?
letter as well as report. won't it b lyk breaking the rules as he already directed how to start?
i hv this question that in english revision guide, at once place it is written that examiners love to read our own stories that r real life ; that may not b important or extra good to us, but involve thinking of a 16 year old(as they know dat most of the students appearing is around dis age) so if v write a narrative story, taking ourselves as an adult man or something , will it affect our grade negatively?

Reaction score
letter as well as report. won't it b lyk breaking the rules as he already directed how to start?
i hv this question that in english revision guide, at once place it is written that examiners love to read our own stories that r real life ; that may not b important or extra good to us, but involve thinking of a 16 year old(as they know dat most of the students appearing is around dis age) so if v write a narrative story, taking ourselves as an adult man or something , will it affect our grade negatively?

No. Ofcourse of not. If it is mentioned in the question then yes. However keep in mind that you should write from a view that you can relate to and understand. You dont wanna be writing a story where you have no idea what to write.

Reaction score
account came in nov 11 so i dunt think it will b cmng this tym. i m very unsure about leaflets...i never saw them in past papers

thats why i think they might just come...never before..:D

Reaction score
please tell that is it true that if a candidate exceeds his word limit in paper 1, then all the words after the limit will b crossed nd not even graded?

Reaction score
please tell that is it true that if a candidate exceeds his word limit in paper 1, then all the words after the limit will b crossed nd not even graded?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. my teacher said there is some mark deduction but not graded? eek eek. i hope not :s

Reaction score
My teacher's said its advisable not to go over the limit in section one but its ok if your around 20 words up. As for section two the examiner doesn't penalize exceeding the limit and also considers the extra words as long as the essay maintains the reader's interest.

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. my teacher said there is some mark deduction but not graded? eek eek. i hope not :s
it seems lyk u also exceeded the limit. how much? yes lets pray that ur tchr has sum reliable sources nd wat she said is true

Reaction score
it seems lyk u also exceeded the limit. how much? yes lets pray that ur tchr has sum reliable sources nd wat she said is true
part1 =/ almost 100 words =/ didnt even realize it until too late. anyway, i checked with two teachers and they both said that there ll be mark deduction but the content will be graded. lets hope for the best and do awesum job in p2

Reaction score
My teacher said it won't be graded. Paper was Alhumdulliah awesome. Which topic did you guys chose in section 2 ?

Reaction score
part1 =/ almost 100 words =/ didnt even realize it until too late. anyway, i checked with two teachers and they both said that there ll be mark deduction but the content will be graded. lets hope for the best and do awesum job in p2
Rimsa did u read HassanbinFahim's post. he is saying that his tchr said the contrary? wat to do now? i m geting so worid :(

Reaction score
Rimsa did u read HassanbinFahim's post. he is saying that his tchr said the contrary? wat to do now? i m geting so worid :(
i read it. i ll tell you what to do/ unwatch this thread =P
thats what i did. =P

look. we perform better in p2 and rely on Allah. n anyway, i trust my teachers cuz they are saying what i wanna hear. :)
lets not cry over spilled milk. lets just pray that they do. why wont they? they have to give us task completion marks, n stuff. there are separate marks for wordlimit as far as i have heard

Reaction score
thats what i did. =P

look. we perform better in p2 and rely on Allah. n anyway, i trust my teachers cuz they are saying what i wanna hear. :)
lets not cry over spilled milk. lets just pray that they do. why wont they? they have to give us task completion marks, n stuff. there are separate marks for wordlimit as far as i have heard
hehehe ok lets hope so.

Reaction score
thats what i did. =P

rimsaaaaaaaaaaaaaa my word limit exceeded so VERY much! :( nd i m so sure k just lyk urdu in which ms uzma told us k they cross out all the words after limit, they r gona do the same for english....i mean it logical but V dunt wana accept dat :'( by the way wat tchrz did u ask?

Reaction score
rimsaaaaaaaaaaaaaa my word limit exceeded so VERY much! :( nd i m so sure k just lyk urdu in which ms uzma told us k they cross out all the words after limit, they r gona do the same for english....i mean it logical but V dunt wana accept dat :'( by the way wat tchrz did u ask?
remember the page miss amna used to attach to our papers in exams? that one had 2 marks for wordlimit. and i never finished my part2 story in limit so she used to sya k write what u want to n loose two marks rather then spoiling whole story. n secondly, miss mubashra. the teacher azka co. go to... i asked a friend to call her n she said mark deduction but consideration..