• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Anyone doing English Literature 9695 AS/A level!?!?!?

Reaction score
Hi Guys, is anyone doing the 9695 English literature syllabus? I am doing Richard III, Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf, Cambridge Short Stories Anthology and Wilfred Owens Poetry. If anyone is doing it and has any notes, websites or just general comments on the syllabus please message me! Could really use your help! and someone to discuss things with!
THANKS SO MUCH!! :)

Reaction score
Thank you :) Prezi also has lot's of presentations on Wilfred Owen's poems - the ones hardest to find notes on are the pre-war ones like Storm, Music, On my songs etc. :)
Goodluck with your english course! I hope it goes well! :) thanks again.

Reaction score
Hi Guys, is anyone doing the 9695 English literature syllabus? I am doing Richard III, Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf, Cambridge Short Stories Anthology and Wilfred Owens Poetry. If anyone is doing it and has any notes, websites or just general comments on the syllabus please message me! Could really use your help! and someone to discuss things with!
THANKS SO MUCH!! :)
Currently in A2 and I have opted Eng. Lit. for A Levels. I only did the Short Stories one from your list. Any help from that specific text or generally about the subject? Plus, what other texts are you going to complete?

Reaction score
Currently in A2 and I have opted Eng. Lit. for A Levels. I only did the Short Stories one from your list. Any help from that specific text or generally about the subject? Plus, what other texts are you going to complete?

Hi! Both - general and in relation to texts. For AS level those are the ones I am doing, but for A2 I will be doing
  • W H Auden: Selected Poems: John Fuller
  • As you Like It: by William Shakespeare
  • Sense and Sensibility: by Jane Austen
  • The God of Small Things: by Arundhati Roy

How do you find the course? did you find your AS exam okay?
    I'm really worried about English, It's quite a step up from IGCSE.
  • Thanks for your message btw :)

Reaction score
Hi! Both - general and in relation to texts. For AS level those are the ones I am doing, but for A2 I will be doing
  • W H Auden: Selected Poems: John Fuller
  • As you Like It: by William Shakespeare
  • Sense and Sensibility: by Jane Austen
  • The God of Small Things: by Arundhati Roy

How do you find the course? did you find your AS exam okay?
    I'm really worried about English, It's quite a step up from IGCSE.
  • Thanks for your message btw :)s
I gave my English Lit. papers internally from my school for A1/AS. Got an A grade. I will give both AS and A2 papers simultaneously in M/J15. The only text I've done from your A2 course is The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy. Plus, I never took English Lit. in O Levels. It was very tough at the beginning and I, along with two other people, kept on getting 12-13 out of 25. With practice I started to get better and better until eventually I got 19-20 out 25 at the end of the year (highest the teacher would ever give to any student). So I'd suggest practice every question you can get your hands on. I can give you individual notes on those two texts but they will take some time to make via softcopy as I have them only in either printed form or my own handwritten notes. Are you a private candidate or appearing via school? Plus, when are you giving your AS and A2 exams respectively?

Reaction score
Much appreciated! But if it's too much hassle, don't worry about it! and wow Well done - hard work really does pay off.
I Am sitting as a private candidate - i complete the course completely next summer - may/june period.