• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

anyone taking the new english language exam?

Reaction score
Very good.

How many marks do you think they'll deduct for neatness? I mean, if you've excessively scribbled to the point where you had to leave a (extremely obscure) pencil apology for it at the end. I wasn't sure if we're allowed that kind of stuff so I partially erased it but I still desperately wanted the examiner to see it so I still left it legible.

God, I hope they'll let it go.

Reaction score
u
Very good.

How many marks do you think they'll deduct for neatness? I mean, if you've excessively scribbled to the point where you had to leave a (extremely obscure) pencil apology for it at the end. I wasn't sure if we're allowed that kind of stuff so I partially erased it but I still desperately wanted the examiner to see it so I still left it legible.

God, I hope they'll let it go.
unlike IGCSE ebglish on the front cover it says "reminder for neat presentation"
soo..idk but at lease 5 mmrks ...

Reaction score
I don't know... I had a lot of fun with the first paper :p Though I don't take math or chem.

Next paper on the 15th! Good luck, guys <3 By the time we leave that exam hall, our hands will be aching like anything. They might end up falling off. We have to write loads and with speed too! >.<

Are you guys ready? :3

Reaction score
For A2 English, i suggest going through the OCR website as their syllabus is the same as CIE... I'm gonna start studying on the 22nd... Paper 3 is nearly the same as AS. But paper 4 is completely new.

Reaction score
For A2 English, i suggest going through the OCR website as their syllabus is the same as CIE... I'm gonna start studying on the 22nd... Paper 3 is nearly the same as AS. But paper 4 is completely new.
Please give the links of some material. It's very critical for me. I have almost no material to go through.

Reaction score
Any key guidelines for tomorrows exam?
Btw whats the other way to solve a question, 2 passages of 300-450 words instead of one continuous passage of 600-900 words. Whats that and how do you do it, is it easier?

Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/English-Language-Cambridge-International-Level/dp/0198300123

This is the 2014-syllabus based CIE endorsed book for English Language 9093. With only days left, can someone please please try their hand at finding a pdf version of this?

CIE only published this last march. But its our last hope. It purportedly covers the syllabus in full.

Lets not fall victim to the bystander effect, if someone can buy it and then share it please please do so. If someone can find any online readable version of this, also really badly needed :( Just try and see if its possible, ok?

EDIT: Fixed link. Really sorry about that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/English-Globa...0326/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400053753&sr=8-1

This is the 2014-syllabus based CIE endorsed book for English Language 9709. With only days left, can someone please please try their hand at finding a pdf version of this?

CIE only published this last march. But its our last hope. It purportedly covers the syllabus in full.

Lets not fall victim to the bystander effect, if someone can buy it and then share it please please do so. If someone can find any online readable version of this, also really badly needed :( Just try and see if its possible, ok?

Well this was pretty easy: http://www.mohamedrabeea.com/books/book1_10533.pdf

:p Its not useful though

Reaction score
do u guys know if its okay just to take AS english language? i mean only paper 1 and 2.

Reaction score
Last edited: