• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ANYONE WHO EXPECTED B or C in gce papers but still got an A.

Reaction score
Is this relative marking always in CIE??? Cuz i'm gonna appear for 3 subjects in may/june 2014 and i really wanna know what this relative marking has to do with my grades. Thnx in advance.:)

Reaction score
Can someone plz explain the CIE marking/grading scheme. I'm gonna appear for pak stds isl and urdu in 2014 may/june. And what is this relative marking, will it be used???

Reaction score
Can someone plz explain the CIE marking/grading scheme. I'm gonna appear for pak stds isl and urdu in 2014 may/june. And what is this relative marking, will it be used???
The relative marking is always used. If the paper is difficult and candidates score less, the raw mark i.e. the actual marks, needed to get any grade can drop down. For example, A* can be awarded on 87 or 88% marks. On the other hand, if paper is easier the grades may be higher and A* may even be above 90 although this happens rarely and only in subjects such as Maths.

Reaction score
The relative marking is always used. If the paper is difficult and candidates score less, the raw mark i.e. the actual marks, needed to get any grade can drop down. For example, A* can be awarded on 87 or 88% marks. On the other hand, if paper is easier the grades may be higher and A* may even be above 90 although this happens rarely and only in subjects such as Maths.

Ahan! Interesting