• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Are co curriculars needed? (Also a few questions on Accounting, Add Maths and SAT)

Reaction score
How important are co curriculars for foreign university admissions? I am an introverted person - so I don't do much activities. Writing is one of my fortes - so should I just open a blog and be a yearbook man (and include that in University application)?

I want to pursue Computer Engineering/Computer Sciences/Something related to that;. My O Level grades will hopefully be good (Till now they are going well).

Also, should I prepare for SAT this summer (Before A1) or the next (Between A1 and A2)? Because I am thinking of giving Add Maths, Stats and maybe Accounting in Oct/Nov 13 (Stats because I missed it last year, Add Maths because everyone is saying to me to study it in summer - makes A Level easier).

Also, I haven't fully understood SAT here. What exactly is this SAT I and SAT II and which subjects should I give?

Regarding Accounting, I studied it for whole of Class 9 (the basics). They were easy and interesting and can form an alternative career path if things don't work out. Can I do in the summer or not?

Reaction score
Well, yeah. Keeping your options open is a good thing. Do Accounting this Oct-Nov.
Stats is easy, too.
Add-Maths can be done in the holidays, which will help in A-Level maths.

And about the SAT, you need it for USA universities.
I'm not sure about doing it, because it'll be a burden and stuff. And it's not required for European Universities.
But if you have other plans, then SAT is necessary, i guess..

As far as i know, SAT 1 and 2 are different things.. people give them separately.

Reaction score
Really? MIT wrote something like we need to do some papers of SAT I and some of SAT II.

And you sure I can do all 3 in the holidays?

And if I go foreign - first priority is USA. For Europe - do we have to do IELTS or something or just A Level? :v

Reaction score
Really? MIT wrote something like we need to do some papers of SAT I and some of SAT II.

And you sure I can do all 3 in the holidays?

And if I go foreign - first priority is USA. For Europe - do we have to do IELTS or something or just A Level? :v

MIT is not a European University, so it requires SAT.

All 3? Of course. If you're smart.
It depends on your capabilities.

All i know is for Europe, you don't need SAT. And that's why i'm thinking of skipping SAT. I'm too lazy to study for it. .-.

Reaction score
How important are co curriculars for foreign university admissions?

yes curricular activities are important

I am an introverted person - so I don't do much activities. Writing is one of my fortes - so should I just open a blog and be a yearbook man (and include that in University application)?

introvert? adapt gradually ... it is the only thing that will let you have a career, no communication skills no career

blogs have no value until and unless you have done something extraordinary and then recorded onto your blog

yearbook man? well again .. not much value but since you have nothing else, do it

but you have time since you have not started your A-levels .... do internships related to your career (decent organizations) or even work full time without pay, during the summer and every other vacation you get

I want to pursue Computer Engineering/Computer Sciences/Something related to that;. My O Level grades will hopefully be good (Till now they are going well).

learn programming languages ... Python, Java, C, C++ ... learn software programs SAP (also its programming language) or Oracle E-business Suite or 11g, etc ... learn about the the purpose of each programming language and which fields the languages are used for.. i have mentioned the purpose of the a few languages on other posts but you easily google it .. wikipedia should help

Also, should I prepare for SAT this summer (Before A1) or the next (Between A1 and A2)? Because I am thinking of giving Add Maths, Stats and maybe Accounting in Oct/Nov 13 (Stats because I missed it last year, Add Maths because everyone is saying to me to study it in summer - makes A Level easier).

Also, I haven't fully understood SAT here. What exactly is this SAT I and SAT II and which subjects should I give?

Regarding Accounting, I studied it for whole of Class 9 (the basics). They were easy and interesting and can form an alternative career path if things don't work out. Can I do in the summer or not?

yes start preparing for SAT 1 and 2 (the subject tests), want to know what the SAT is? ... check their website, want to know the website?... google it
the SAT subjects will depend upon which ones the university wants
start A-levels accounting pretty much the basic but if you find yourself a bit weak then do the O-levels one ... also check ininjanotes on youtube
forget Add-math start As-level math in the holidays... it will save you time and the ideal combination is P1, M1 & P3, S1 ... and P1 is easier than add math and M1 is light so start with the As-level math during the holidays

and you should apply as early as possible for ease of admissions .. so start your uni research now

check my other posts for university rankings and stuff or just google the university rankings .. check wikipedia

Reaction score
In Europe, IELTS is a necessity, with the good universities asking for a 6.5 band.
SAT is compulsory for majority of the US universities. You don't have the option of choosing subjects in SAT I, you have to give English and Mathematics.
In SAT II, you can choose whichever subject you like. I would suggest Mathematics Level 1 or 2 based on your subject choices. You should start preparing for SAT immediately after you finish your O-Levels, and give it when you finish your AS-Levels.

Reaction score
Well - I thought I had the definition nailed down, but what exactly does AS-Levels mean? Isn't it giving A Level in parts?

I am not doing that.

Also teachyourself, I have started article writing for websites. Probably will start earning money soon too hopefully. I am thinking of developing a thick skin and going into debating - hopefully that will be successful. And programming languages yeah, I am going to start up soon.

Is it ok if I skip internships? Because I have transport problems. It's going to be a rough ride going through them. If I don't do them, are these 3 enough. What else can I do?

And it's not like I have no communication skills. I am just kind of a quiet man who tends to be reserved and not speak much. I just never like talking out loud in the class, and never really like attention (when everybody is looking at you) though I am getting better on it and am starting to feel natural regarding that. :3

Reaction score
Well - I thought I had the definition nailed down, but what exactly does AS-Levels mean? Isn't it giving A Level in parts?

I am not doing that.

Also teachyourself, I have started article writing for websites. Probably will start earning money soon too hopefully. I am thinking of developing a thick skin and going into debating - hopefully that will be successful. And programming languages yeah, I am going to start up soon.

Is it ok if I skip internships? Because I have transport problems. It's going to be a rough ride going through them. If I don't do them, are these 3 enough. What else can I do?

And it's not like I have no communication skills. I am just kind of a quiet man who tends to be reserved and not speak much. I just never like talking out loud in the class, and never really like attention (when everybody is looking at you) though I am getting better on it and am starting to feel natural regarding that. :3

1. AS is the first stage of the A-levels. You can either give the qualification in parts, i.e. give one half of it at the end of one year and the other half at the end of next year. Or, you can give the full set at the end of 2 years.
2.Do at least one internship.
3.Try being more social. Colleges ask for that.

Reaction score

I am not doing that.

good if you are earning from writing articles and stuff.. until and unless it is that plagiarism stuff where students write reports and articles for other students DO NOT mention that in your application essay, it is illegal ... for example Axact sells students Theses/Dissertation done by other students .. that stuff is illegal .. Axact also sells fake degrees and assignments .. and the best part is Karachi University and other shitty universities like Greenwich make official visits at Axact as part of their student placement programs, then shitty universities wonder why they are called shitty

Internships are a MUST ... not only as an academic requirement .. but also so that you learn what a particular career is like before you go for it.. btw transport is a problem? Awww... cry me a river .. it is called public transport .. USE IT... people admire people who do not let anything stop them... become a go-getter not a wuss... in other words "if life becomes a bitch then become a dog and fvck/rape life doggy style" ... apart from that there isn't much that you can do really .. work experience, skill sets: such as programming languages and developing your own software as part of a project, learning foreign languages: french, german, chinese, etc; good grades and extra-curricular activities debating, sports, etc can help

and yes keep on adapting ... no one is going to wait for you or ask your opinion ... and yes being social is a must.. careers are built on being socially well adjusted and having a solid healthy professional network ... the skill aspect is limited in most careers because in Pakistan the level of sophistication in every field is very low

and you should do the As-level and then A-level 2nd year ... otherwise you will have too many exams .. and the curriculum is tougher .. for example an O'level A-grade is equal to an A'level C-grade ... it is a bit of a jump

Reaction score
MarcoReus

I am thinking of developing a thick skin and going into debating - hopefully that will be successful.

Lol :p