• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Are The Subjects Pakistan Studies, Islamiat, And Urdu Compulsory For Equivalence If You're A Foreign

Reaction score
my question is that I appeared in my GCE olevels from pakistan for equalivance are pkstd isl and urdu compulsory? I dont get it on the site it says for foreign qulaification such as olevels ur allowed to take have 5 subjects if your a forginer but then it also says that pakistan studies isl and urdu are not compulsory for those who did it from aboard please someone help me and clear to me do.i have to or not.give these subjects I dont think u have to but plz someone make me clear thanks

Reaction score
my question is that I appeared in my GCE olevels from pakistan for equalivance are pkstd isl and urdu compulsory? I dont get it on the site it says for foreign qulaification such as olevels ur allowed to take have 5 subjects if your a forginer but then it also says that pakistan studies isl and urdu are not compulsory for those who did it from aboard please someone help me and clear to me do.i have to or not.give these subjects I dont think u have to but plz someone make me clear thanks

Well, I appeared all three to be on a safe side :)

Because some people say we require while some say no! But as much I know whoever went from our school to Pakistan for further studies, Pak.std. Isl and Urdu was counted but even If you haven’t given it is not a big deal, but there might be some restrictions on you.

Salaam

Reaction score
hey thanks alot
but iam still confused I rang the Ibcc told them my situation they told me u just need a forgien passport it doesnt matter if u appeared from.pak.or aboard ur exempt and then I found this notification on their offical websir

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-19-07-26-55.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-19-07-26-55.png
    250 KB · Views: 19
    250 KB · Views: 14
    250 KB · Views: 13
    250 KB · Views: 11
Reaction score
whereas other's say stay on the safe side but urdu is the main problem I cant write or even read it properly:/ well thanks alot :)

Reaction score
I have uploaded a up to date document regarding equalivance procedure. You can claim exemption from these three subjects if you are a DUAL NATIONAL of Pakistani origin and appeared for olevels within Pakistan. Now if you are a foreign passport holder of Pakistani origin, also having a Pakistani passport then you can claim exemptions from these three subjects. But here's the bad part, one of friends appeared for 5 subjects in olevels from Saudi Arabia and did his alevels from Pakistan. He was told that he is not eligible for alevel equalivance by ibcc . you need to confirm this and ensure that whether you will be able to get equalivance if you appear for your alevels from Pakistan...

Attachments

• Equivalence.doc
    79 KB · Views: 26
Reaction score
I wanted to ask if anyone is in foreign country and want to study IGCSE in Pakistan and What if he cant do Urdu and Pakstudies.