• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS/A2 'CIE' or 'A' level PSYCHOLOGY

Reaction score
What about this combination to be taken for A Levels:
Mathematics, Economics, Psychology and Sociology? :/

Mathematics is just perfect with Economics, Sociology is good with Psychology but all four of them together doesn't suit any specific field, you should do Accounting with Economics and Mathematics which would open your way towards both Economics and Chartered Accountancy, otherwise do Biology with Psychology, Sociology and English Language which would open the road towards becoming a Psychiatrist, this is wise.

Reaction score
I took psychology and dropped it at AS....it's only a personal opinion but I found the subject quite depressing actually...but saying that, truth is ithe most popular subject in our college is psychology soo maybe I'm just a bit weird! :p

Reaction score
I took psychology and dropped it at AS....it's only a personal opinion but I found the subject quite depressing actually...but saying that, truth is ithe most popular subject in our college is psychology soo maybe I'm just a bit weird! :p

Well honestly, i wouldn't call it tough but it's tricky, yet interesting and that is why people tend to study Psychology.

Reaction score
Well honestly, i wouldn't call it tough but it's tricky, yet interesting and that is why people tend to study Psychology.
I suppose there are parts of it which are intersting...I mean the whole concept of understanding the complex human mind definitely sounds intriguing...but to think such a slight malfunction in the brain cud affect a person so greatly just totally made me depressed...but Ofc that's not reason enough for anyone to be put off the subject!

Reaction score
I suppose there are parts of it which are intersting...I mean the whole concept of understanding the complex human mind definitely sounds intriguing...but to think such a slight malfunction in the brain cud affect a person so greatly just totally made me depressed...but Ofc that's not reason enough for anyone to be put off the subject!

That becomes easy when Biology is studied along with Psychology, to study Psychology effectively, knowledge of the human body and functions of it's parts is imperative, without Biology i would rather consider Physics easier than Psychology. :unsure:

Reaction score
Mathematics is just perfect with Economics, Sociology is good with Psychology but all four of them together doesn't suit any specific field, you should do Accounting with Economics and Mathematics which would open your way towards both Economics and Chartered Accountancy, otherwise do Biology with Psychology, Sociology and English Language which would open the road towards becoming a Psychiatrist, this is wise.

But, Sociology, Psychology and Economics are all subjects of social sciences. They do have a connection between them. And about maths, I think It would be supportive with these three. What are your suggestions now? ;)

Reaction score
That becomes easy when Biology is studied along with Psychology, to study Psychology effectively, knowledge of the human body and functions of it's parts is imperative, without Biology i would rather consider Physics easier than Psychology. :unsure:

Would it be useful to take Biology in A levels(just to gain a support for Psychology) if we have studied Biology in O-Levels? Wouldn't the O Levels Biology would be enough for this purpose? :confused:

Reaction score
Would it be useful to take Biology in A levels(just to gain a support for Psychology) if we have studied Biology in O-Levels? Wouldn't the O Levels Biology would be enough for this purpose? :confused:

Yes, O Levels Biology is sufficient enough but carrying it along with with Psychology in A Levels can open your way towards Neuroscience as well, other than being a Psychiatrist.

Reaction score
Yes, O Levels Biology is sufficient enough but carrying it along with with Psychology in A Levels can open your way towards Neuroscience as well, other than being a Psychiatrist.

You didn't gave the answer of my previous question. ;)

Reaction score
You didn't gave the answer of my previous question. ;)

Psychology is not a social science, and Mathematics only suits Economics, and on the other hand, Sociology and Psychology are somewhat connected but their combination does not suit any specific field. (y)

Reaction score
Hmm, 4 pretty dang hard subjects. You may want a slightly less scientific one as well.

Economics is not scientific, nor is maths. :p
No problem if it is a difficult combination, but whether this is a correct one or not. I'm confused. :confused:

Reaction score
Psychology is not a social science, and Mathematics only suits Economics, and on the other hand, Sociology and Psychology are somewhat connected but their combination does not suit any specific field. (y)

Psychology is a subject of Social Sciences. Google it :p

Reaction score
Psychology is a subject of Social Sciences. Google it :p

When studying with sciences, Psychology is never a social science, like i told you Psychology and Sociology are somewhat connected, it would be considered a social science only when you'll study both of them (or with any social science) together, but then again, that won't suit any specific field, Biology is many times more worthy enough to be opted with Psychology as fields like Neuroscience are then available when doing this, just be wise. (y)

Reaction score
When studying with sciences, Psychology is never a social science, like i told you Psychology and Sociology are somewhat connected, it would be considered a social science only when you'll study both of them (or with any social science) together, but then again, that won't suit any specific field, Biology is many times more worthy enough to be opted with Psychology as fields like Neuroscience are then available when doing this, just be wise. (y)

Okay guys, I get where you're coming from, but this has strayed from the original topic of the post, and isn't really helping anyone now...?

Reaction score
Hey are you doing it as self study or as a subject at school where you actually have a teacher

I do have a teacher... And I also have amazing friends who have helped me a lot with every query and confusion that have occurred during the exam preparation... We do group study a lot.. :)

Reaction score
Hey are you doing it as self study or as a subject at school where you actually have a teacher
I do have a teacher, a unique one indeed. Plus before exams i used to do a lot of group study . One of my friend in particular had helped of a lot.. :)

Reaction score
If anyone could forward me their psychology notes ,that would be just great !
Moreover i am taking Islamiyat , sociology and psychology as my a level subjects and doing them all privately ,if there is any advice at all i can be given on from which book to study the best and if the subjects are easy or not ,it would be highly appreciable !