• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

As and A Level Physics Coursebook question answers.

Reaction score
almost all the people using the coursebook is highly frustated due to inability to find out the answers and explaination to end of chapter questions and exam style questions.
The only source of the answers reside in the teachers edition cd rom and it might be another year before we can access it in some way.
But meanwhile...why don't we try to solve the questions and post the answers in this thread so that we can all discuss about it and help each other out?
If you have a problem in posting the answers here...you may create your own thread and post the link below so that we can all benefit from it.
Thank you.

Reaction score
almost all the people using the coursebook is highly frustated due to inability to find out the answers and explaination to end of chapter questions and exam style questions.
The only source of the answers reside in the teachers edition cd rom and it might be another year before we can access it in some way.
But meanwhile...why don't we try to solve the questions and post the answers in this thread so that we can all discuss about it and help each other out?
If you have a problem in posting the answers here...you may create your own thread and post the link below so that we can all benefit from it.
Thank you.
One of the most useful threads on xpc for physics students....kudos!! to the creator..

Reaction score
Aah thank you that you feel this thread is any good!
Okay now about the question on page 36 - 4(c)
let us assume that at time 't' ,B catches up with A..now look at the graph..
Total distance travelled by A' = 40t
Distance travelled by car B = after accelerating for 20s..remaining time = t-20and v= 50m/s
So distance travelled in total by B = 750+50(t-20) [notice that 750 is the distance travelled when it was accelerating]
when B catchea up with A. .distance travelled by them will be same...so
total distance travelled by A= total distance travelled by B
40t = 750+50(t-20)
u will see that t=20
so car B takes 5.0s more to catch up with A.Hope this helps! :)

Reaction score
Aah thank you that you feel this thread is any good!
Okay now about the question on page 36 - 4(c)
let us assume that at time 't' ,B catches up with A..now look at the graph..
Total distance travelled by A' = 40t
Distance travelled by car B = after accelerating for 20s..remaining time = t-20and v= 50m/s
So distance travelled in total by B = 750+50(t-20) [notice that 750 is the distance travelled when it was accelerating]
when B catchea up with A. .distance travelled by them will be same...so
total distance travelled by A= total distance travelled by B
40t = 750+50(t-20)
u will see that t=20
so car B takes 5.0s more to catch up with A.Hope this helps! :)
ahaa gotcha..thank you

Reaction score
can someone post the answers to the exam style questions of chapter 4, just the answers :) ...as many as you could. THANKS!

Reaction score
okay. ..so far I have manag
can someone post the answers to the exam style questions of chapter 4, just the answers :) ...as many as you could. THANKS!
ed to get a few questions done...and here are the answers...

End of chapter questions :-

1)(b) 6128.35 N
2) (b) 5.02N
(c) 5.02N
(d) 13.8N

3)(a)0.5N;0.5N
(b) 0.86N;0.39N
(c) 1.15N
(e) 1.15N

4) 28.28N
5) 9.825N

Exam Style questions

1)i couldnt solve it properly...sorry.
2)(i) 196N
(ii) couldnt solve
Not so sure about 3 and 4

5)(i) 34.47N
(ii) 68.9N

next week i shall ask my teacher to help me with the questions i am unable to solve on my own and ill post the answers as soon as i get them done!

Reaction score
First of all thanks alot for making this thread, as I was thinking of making one like this too but you beat me to it.
Secondly, can somebody be kind enough and post their answers to chapter 1 and 2 end of chapter and exam style questions please?
I have already done upto chapter 4 and had them marked by the teacher, but left my notebook in Pakistan, and came to Canada a short while ago.

Thanks!

Reaction score
okay. ..so far I have manag
ed to get a few questions done...and here are the answers...

End of chapter questions :-

1)(b) 6128.35 N
2) (b) 5.02N
(c) 5.02N
(d) 13.8N

3)(a)0.5N;0.5N
(b) 0.86N;0.39N
(c) 1.15N
(e) 1.15N

4) 28.28N
5) 9.825N

Exam Style questions

1)i couldnt solve it properly...sorry.
2)(i) 196N
(ii) couldnt solve
Not so sure about 3 and 4

5)(i) 34.47N
(ii) 68.9N

next week i shall ask my teacher to help me with the questions i am unable to solve on my own and ill post the answers as soon as i get them done!
can u tell me the ans to question.4.b

Reaction score
Plz help me to answer "test yourself" on as and A Level physic cambridge - david sang.....thanx