• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Biology P1 MCQs Preparation Thread

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
but i dont get it.. sorry..
It's more of a common fact, really. The lower the pulse rate, the more physically fit you are.
Low pulse rate means your heart can pump a lot of blood each time it beats.
Learn this fact. Don't go into much details.

Reaction score
It's more of a common fact, really. The lower the pulse rate, the more physically fit you are.
Low pulse rate means your heart can pump a lot of blood each time it beats.
Learn this fact. Don't go into much details.

oh.. okok.. thanks..

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
m/j 2008
20 and 24
Q20. During metaphase, the sister chromatids are held together by the centromere, i.e the "Distance between
centromeres of sister chromatids" = 0, which is shown by curve 2. So B and C are eliminated.
Secondly, "distance between poles of spindle" is more or less the same throughout which is shown by curve 3.
"Distance between centromeres and poles of spindle" decrease during anaphase -> shown by curve 1
So A is the answer.

Q24. There is nothing to explain here. Codons of mRNA pair up with complementary anticodons of tRNA. Do the rest.

Reaction score

17) Water will moves into cell, making cell more turgid. When a cell is turgid, water potential is zero. So, eventually pressure will be more positive. 19) the number of chromosomes shown in the diagram is haploid. They want diploid, so just times 2.. 20 X 2 = 40. Answer is C.

egy

Reaction score
Reaction score
OK

- for Qns 3 i don't have any idea about it

- in Qns 15 the enzymes are protein so proteases breaks enzymes

- answer is B because it shows that the haemoglobin is soluble so it is a globular protein

i wish that helps .

yeh it helped thnx. In 13 when its sayign a hydrophilic group its saying that haemoglobin is soluble and globular proteins are all soluble right??

Reaction score
17) Water will moves into cell, making cell more turgid. When a cell is turgid, water potential is zero. So, eventually pressure will be more positive. 19) the number of chromosomes shown in the diagram is haploid. They want diploid, so just times 2.. 20 X 2 = 40. Answer is C.
thank u :D i thought the diploid will be the half

Reaction score
28) Trachea basically has everything. Cartilage, goblet cells, smooth muscle. while Alveolus is exactly opposite as trachea. It is only one cell thick with only endothelial cells. So, answer will be B. :) Im not sure with 22. sorry.
bt alveolus has smooth muscles..isnt it??