• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Biology P1 MCQs Preparation Thread

Reaction score
Which symptoms may be seen in a person affected by chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
(COPD)?
1 persistent cough
2 less elastic alveoli
3 increased risk of lung infection
4 shortness of breath

2. Less Elastic Alveoli, because Emphysema is part of COPD
4. Shortness of breath

Reaction score
2. Less Elastic Alveoli, because Emphysema is part of COPD

you have to choose more than one. :p wait i'll post the whole question.
here you go:

Which symptoms may be seen in a person affected by chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
(COPD)?
1 persistent cough
2 less elastic alveoli
4 shortness of breath

A 1 and 4 only
B 1, 2 and 3 only
C 2, 3 and 4 only
D 1, 2, 3 and 4

Reaction score
Which year is this ques from?????
here you go:

(COPD)?
1 persistent cough
2 less elastic alveoli
4 shortness of breath

A 1 and 4 only
B 1, 2 and 3 only
C 2, 3 and 4 only
D 1, 2, 3 and 4

Reaction score
here you go:

(COPD)?
1 persistent cough
2 less elastic alveoli
4 shortness of breath

A 1 and 4 only
B 1, 2 and 3 only
C 2, 3 and 4 only
D 1, 2, 3 and 4

Yeah I realised after I posted sorry :p
Uhm now that I think about it, all of them are symptoms of COPD. 2, and 4 caused by Emphysema and 1, 3 caused by chronic bronchitus

Reaction score
would anyone be kind enough to write a short summary of what happens as a pathogen enters our body including the function of B and T lymphocytes ?

Reaction score
would anyone be kind enough to write a short summary of what happens as a pathogen enters our body including the function of B and T lymphocytes ?

èWhen a macrophage engulfs a pathogen, it can expose the antigen to a T-helper cell which releases cytokines.
èThis stimulates the B cells to divide into plasma cells and secrete antibodies. Other B cells become memory cells.

èKiller T-Cells search for foreign antigens on cells, and attach to it, releasing toxic substances.

Reaction score
O/N12 p13 the answer is D btw :p i don't get it waisay. how can less elastic alveoli be seen? xD

Mm, doctors make the person who's sick breath into a spirometer to check how much air he can inhale/exhale. Usually small volumes indicate that fibres are not elastic

Reaction score
èWhen a macrophage engulfs a pathogen, it can expose the antigen to a T-helper cell which releases cytokines.
èThis stimulates the B cells to divide into plasma cells and secrete antibodies. Other B cells become memory cells.

èKiller T-Cells search for foreign antigens on cells, and attach to it, releasing toxic substances.

thanks a lot!! :D