• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Biology variant 22

Reaction score
Hey guys
Since it's over 24 hrs i thought we could compare answers?
Variant 22 only please :)

Reaction score
i was truly baffled when i read it was of 4 marks... I wrote random stuff like different number of amino acids, different sequences of amino acids, different amino acids (R groups) hence different responsiveness to temperature and therefore the activity... probably 2/4 for the effort :p .

Reaction score
i was truly baffled when i read it was of 4 marks... I wrote random stuff like different number of amino acids, different sequences of amino acids, different amino acids (R groups) hence different responsiveness to temperature and therefore the activity... probably 2/4 for the effort :p .
i wrote exactly the same! i guess the marking scheme will sure mention the point "different amino acids" i wrote "stronger bonds" too for the one surviving high temp.

Reaction score
i wrote exactly the same! i guess the marking scheme will sure mention the point "different amino acids" i wrote "stronger bonds" too for the one surviving high temp.
i thought about one point later but i dont think its right... Since there are different R groups in primary structure, when the tertiary structure will be formed( 3D) shape, there will be different bonding etc, so a different 3D shape will be formed..

Reaction score
i thought about one point later but i dont think its right... Since there are different R groups in primary structure, when the tertiary structure will be formed( 3D) shape, there will be different bonding etc, so a different 3D shape will be formed..
nope they have the same substrate their shape has to be same. Different amino acids can lead to same secondary & tertiary structure only i guess.

Reaction score
By the way, did you give chem? how did it go?! it went totally not good for me :(
better than i had hoped for. Organic was the easiest in history.. the oxides part was the only hard part.. Hoping to touch the magical 50 mark..

Reaction score
nah. oh i somehow messed up the enthalpy.. Forgot to break the C-C bond.. FML.

Reaction score
seems you forgot to break it too :p... it was around 120 as far as i know

Reaction score
it was -119 :)
what did you get for your relative isotopic mass? in Q1
and in Q2 what were your oxidation no. changes
i think oxidations were zero to -2 oxygen. sulfur i dont remember..what did you write? isotopic mass was 24. something.. sorry for estimates :p i don't remember exactly