• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Economics Doubt - IN NEED OF IMMEDIATE HELP!!

Reaction score
section A
a)(i) the question asks you to compare... for this use fig1.. now you can see a definite fall in price and you need to state it as this is the change that occurred... since the question states compare, include numerical figures, differences between the two average prices or the % change... you don't need to be exactly correct... reasonable estimates will do which can be done rather easily with this graph

(ii) question specifically says use fig1.. so you must quote data from it.. you need to do two things... present your view and back it with evidence from the graph... this is what I think
there are no suggestions... what I think is that seasonal changes should represent some kind of consistent changes (as a consumer you do have a idea about when the price of an agricultural product will rise or fall).. but this is not seen in the diagram.. e.g after the winter in 2007, price rose continuously for some time, but it was replaced with small fluctuations in 2008 and consistent decrease in 2009...

however, some evidence in support can also be found.. like price of milk fell during both the winters of 2007/2008 and 2008/2009 (Dec to Mar)

the key to answering such questions is to draw reference from the passage text, fig1 and tables