• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS LEVEL BIOLOGY... discuss here AS students only :)

Reaction score
what is da syllabus in short ........ anyone plz help???:(
Cell Structure and function
Enzymes
Biological Molecules
Plasma Memberane
Transport in Plants
Transport in Humans
Human Heart Jinkglex ;)
Nuclear and Cell Division
Gaseous Exchange
Infectious Diseases
Ecology
Immnity

i think thats about it =) (y)

Reaction score
you missed human heart :p which is a seperate chapter for some reason.
Enzymes
Biological Molecules
Plasma Memberane
Transport in Plants
Transport in Humans
Gaseous Exchange
Infectious Diseases
Ecology
Immnity

Reaction score
Enzymes
Biological Molecules
Plasma Memberane
Transport in Plants
Transport in Humans
Gaseous Exchange
Infectious Diseases
Ecology
Immnity

and genetic control.. ryt??

Reaction score
an sm1 plz tell me tht y there is a need for transport systems in multi cellular plants and animal in terms of size and surface area to volume ratio...? :s

Reaction score
an sm1 plz tell me tht y there is a need for transport systems in multi cellular plants and animal in terms of size and surface area to volume ratio...? :s
Multicellular plants and animals have a larger volume compared to their surface area, so simple diffusion would not be enough to transport nutrients, gases around the body, because since distance is too large, the process is too slow. That's why animals have blood circulatory systems while plants have a xylem/phloem

Reaction score
Multicellular plants and animals have a larger volume compared to their surface area, so simple diffusion would not be enough to transport nutrients, gases around the body, because since distance is too large, the process is too slow. That's why animals have blood circulatory systems while plants have a xylem/phloem

thnkx..(y)

Reaction score
explain the role of pre-capillary sphinchter muscles?? :/ o_O
sphinter muscles basically contract and realax to control an opening. precapillary means that before the start of a capillary these muscles are found. so thees muscles must be to open or close the capillary openings wen needed. Although i don't get why they would be opnening or closing bcz transfer is through the walls of the capillar

Reaction score
can someone explain the role of tRNa in protein synthesis?
wen the mRNA brings out the tempelate from the nucleus to the RER the next step os to make another template mirroring that one. making dna is protein synthesis basically. first a ribosome attaches to the mRNA then the tRNA comes in and starts attacthing itself as per complementary base pairs. the tRNA have an amino acid at the end opposite to their anticodon end.... as more and more tRNA get involved the amino acids on them get linked up along the way making a polypeptide chain which eventually makes up the DNA

Reaction score
yes to deoxyibose and ribose but the bases i don't think so. just know that A and G have a double ring structure with one double bond in each ring and the uracil, thyamine and cytosine have single rings with 2 double bonds each. and yes know that G and C hav triple bond whiile A and T or U have double bonds.
There's one crucial mistake:
The bond between G and C is NOT a triple bond. It's three different HYDROGEN bonds. Same goes for the bonds between A and T/U.