• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Level Biology: Topical Questions

Reaction score
hello do we have to study about transmission and scanning electron microscopes for bio A levels ??or just we have to know that they are the 2 types of e- microscope?

Reaction score
hello .. plz i need some help here !!
i read that the same enzyme can catalyse both the forward and the bacward reactions ...but how is that isnt it like sub+enz=prod so if we take it backwards it will be like product+enz=sub but the product has different shape to the sub and the active site so how it is catalysed by same enz. ??

Reaction score
As I promised, I am uploading the rest of AS Level Biology Topical Question Bank.
Now all the topics from A to K are uploaded.
Hope you will find them useful.
Keep on the hard work.

I have selected those questions which will make your concept clear and will form a clear image in your mind about how the examiner asks questions.
I will also be uploading Revision Question Bank shorty. Till then stay tuned.

Warm Regards,
Waleed Ahmad Khan
Edwardes College Peshawar
please Upload answers as well. Thanks!

Reaction score
can sumbody check my answers..(the mcq's only)

Attachments

• A_Cell_Structure.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 190
Reaction score
can anyone please post the mark schemes to the topicals... please.. it will be really helpful. And how are you guys checking your solved topicals ?

Reaction score
In a certain organism, two traits are determined by two pairs of alleles, each of which shows dominance. One trait is determined by some combination of the alleles A and a. The other trait is determined by some combination of the alleles B and b, which are located on a different chromosome from A and a. Construct a complete Punnett square to show the results of a cross between two parents with genotypes Aabb (parent #1) and AaBb (parent #2). Then determine each of the following:

a) What fraction of the offspring is expected to have the same genotype as parent #1?
b) What fraction of the offspring is expected to have the same phenotype as parent #2?
c) What fraction of the offspring is expected to be dihybrid?

Please help me, i have a test tmmw!!! if possible please mail me the answer at [email protected]