• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS LEVEL Computing P2

Reaction score
guys i need your help seriously

guys can you perhaps help with some notes or website information were i can get help so that i can prepare for my computing paper 2 exams.i m doing studying distance with a college and they never provided us with information on how to prepare for paper 2,by the way what kind of questions do they ask in that paper??/

please guys help you are my last hope

Reaction score
Yaar as far as i know there are no past papers of this paper as the CIE decided to make a theory P2 instead of the project that we had to make in the past.
You can check out the specimen papers for 2011 and thats about it.
I'm also giving Computing AS Level in this session so I'd say that the specimen paper is all that we've got.
You can check the syllabus sheet to figure out which topics are included and see what the contents for the papers are. Its a real pain in the ass but we have to give this paper.
Its mainly related to programming. if you've used a programming language then you should understand most of the concepts. I've learned C++.
So well good luck. :)

Reaction score
thanks champion....but can you please do me just one last favour pls pls pls pls...well can you please answer for me that question on the website and email it to me or something pls...its just that i dont get that mark scheme that they have on the website at all?please let me know if you will help me so that i can help you with my email adress

Reaction score
Dude i have mock examinations coming up...and my Computing P2 is on The upcoming Wednesday with Economics on the same day so I'm gonna have to get back to you on that.
Anyways the thing is that if you have studied a programming language then go through your notes...that's what I'm doing and practice the language that you have learned.
But if you haven't learned any programming language then make sure you know basic computing terms and how to deal with algorithms and logic gates. You should know how to make a truth table and stuff like that.
How prepared are you for the Paper 1 of Computing??
I'll let you know if find out any useful information.
Also i also don't get the specimen paper...well atleast some of it. It's really confusing so its hard to understand...even with the mark scheme its still a pain to do.
Well good luck then...

Reaction score
well pls let me know wen yu are done with your exams,by the way i wish you all the best..

well paper 1,i m kinda ready for it since its theory and i did my O levels which makes it easier for me to understand...

by the way the programming language i did was pascal...wow i see you are doing economics i m also doing economics

Reaction score
yeah me too...and thanks
P1 is pretty straight forward so it'll be much easier than P2...
yeah economics is a real pain...but I'll try to manage
Well...talk to you later...

Reaction score
ok....i hope you are ready for those exams..

you know i m also doing math and i m just whole nervous about it..i just cant wait for the exams to come so that i can be done with them.. :cry: :cry:

what economics is one of those sweetest and easy subjects on the A level?tell me which subjects are you doing?

Reaction score
My subjects are Physics, Maths, Computing and Economics.
I just gave the mock programming paper and yaar it was very easy. A lot of definitions just came and you just needed a basic idea of flowcharts, pseudo code and arrays.
It was pretty much straight forward and even the Sir said that if you are able to do 60% of this paper then you should be able to do *0% of the Cambridge paper so I'm not so worried.
Anyways just wanted to give you a heads up. And also don't do the specimen paper of Computing P2 because its not gonna help. Instead get the syllabus of the Computing P2 and see which components you didn't do until now or which ones you find confusing.
If i get any notes I'll forward them to you.
Also I find Economics very hard for some reason. Even though the paper came easy in the mocks i still kind of screwed up in the section B of P2.
Well, i guess I'll have to hope for the best and get it over with.

Reaction score
ooh my gooodness?i m so jealous ,i wish i was also writting a mock exam..i m not writting any mock exams ,i will just be writting final exams in may my 5 subject are on AS level ?.

well i find economics very easy as its like its something that is related to me and i like get to hear about it almost everysingle day of my life..i m even considering of becomin an economist..but i myself want to do soomething with computers thats were my passion really lies..wow i m suprised you are doing math (wow) ..math is one of the subject that i m scared of...just seing that papers makes me want to wet in my trousers..i dont know i think i would even panick in that exams...can you not email me some computer notes that you have place?i m just nervous of that PAPER 2...keep well nata...pls email me your computing notes(specifically on PAPER 2)even the terms and everything pls..my email adress is

[email protected]

looking forward hearing from you
nata