• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Level ECONOMICS P1 (Discussion) - M/J/2013

How was the paper?

• Total voters
Reaction score
For all those who are doubtful about real exchange rate and nominal exchange rate

image.jpg

Reaction score
i did medium of exchange but my friends said it was store of value so i am not sure :\
I also wrote medium of exchange..so according to z.s we are wrong...urgh i did not like that paper..ive got 5 wrong for sure now..what did u guys write for the question to with what happens for sure when there is an appreciation??

Reaction score
It was store of value, because he kept the note thinking its value will increase one fine day :p
I also thought it was store of value,but when i thought about it i thought to myself 'medium of exchange means people value what you give them otherwise they wouldnt give what they have....what do you think??

Reaction score
I also wrote medium of exchange..so according to z.s we are wrong...urgh i did not like that paper..ive got 5 wrong for sure now..what did u guys write for the question to with what happens for sure when there is an appreciation??
u mean Q29
it was B terms of trade will improve but i did D :(

Reaction score
o

ohokayy, and there was this transition question too! do market economies have stock exchanges? :/
Ooh , I wasn't sure of that but I put down Liberal Price , Managed floating and inward investment with no control
Not sure but I don't see any reason why a Market Economy shouldn't have one

Reaction score
What about the question of when a govt is able to get investment into a country what happens to balance account

Reaction score
i just made a random guess of C in unemployment one....
However for real and nominal ER i am 101% sure it is A though i changed by answer at the last moment to B :(
Can u give any reason as to why real exchange rate appreciated....