• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS physics MCQ! URGENT plz help guys

Reaction score
i think the mark scheme might be wrong for 34, because i cant see how it could be anything other than C, And 35 is C because if there was no resistor there would be no components in the circuit which would create a short circuit i think

Reaction score
Q 34
check these out
View attachment 33175hope u are able to see it

I couldn't read your working because it was too small, but made out the word parallel which made me realise why i was wrong. In case you can't read it as well smoothieoeek, they was you get 1.6 is because the the resistance wires are connected in parallel so you find the total resistance by using the equation 1/R total = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3 ...

Reaction score
I couldn't read your working because it was too small, but made out the word parallel which made me realise why i was wrong. In case you can't read it as well smoothieoeek, they was you get 1.6 is because the the resistance wires are connected in parallel so you find the total resistance by using the equation 1/R total = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3 ...

But why are they connected in parallel? I thought they were separate?

Reaction score
i think the mark scheme might be wrong for 34, because i cant see how it could be anything other than C, And 35 is C because if there was no resistor there would be no components in the circuit which would create a short circuit i think

Thanks!

Reaction score
Q34 the answer is B....just think like the wires are in parallel...you'll get it....and Q35 the answer is C bcoz no resistor would case short circuit!