• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Physics P2 GT?

Reaction score
Guys, the threshold is always unexpected.
People who do well in their exams do not usually spend most of their times on community discussions, they sit at their study table and just study.
So you are likely to find many people on this site saying their exam was bad, leading you to believe everyone messed up, and make you expect low grade thresholds.
Some people are saying gt might be around 30.
SERIOUSLY?????
That's only for super super super hard papers.
This paper wasn't hard, and the time was sufficient. The numericals were simple, and most questions were about interpretation, it was a fairly non-technical. There was even one question which asked you to prove the velocity was some value given!!! That's like spoonfeeding you marks!!
The paper wasn't long, you were slow.
So don't think about this paper or discuss its thresholds if you spoiled it, leave everything to fate. What's done is done, nothing is in your hands, and nobody can predict grade thresholds.
You are like a group of 100 people or so, and most likely, you spoiled your exams and are looking for messages that predict low grade thresholds to convice yourself you are gonna get an A.

All right, you've said a mouthful. However you are just a person and just cannot speak for the rest of the community. I myself have studied hours on end and barely slept for more than an hour or two on any given day these past two months. I had the preparation for a distinction in Mathematics and what happened in the exams? I screwed up. The paper came so tough that I lost my mojo for Mathematics entirely. Wholeheartedly, the way I got over that and became determined and encouraged to score better grades in my other subjects was from talks and conversations from people on this forum.

Seriously, this is a wonderful place. I was in a dark spot which I knew would affect my grades for Physics dramatically since I wouldn't study at all for it as for the stuff I did study for, I turned out empty handed so I felt like there was no need for me to put in the effort at all. If people say that the GT will be low, it does not affect you at all since they are saying what they believe. Reassuring yourself that you did well will only raise your confidence level. Why do you have to go and ruin their momentum? Oh yeah that was from Physics. I know I study. Any ways, the only reason why I posted was because I know that there will be many people out there that gave papers like me and were scared out of their wits about the results since it was directly proportional to what they felt they did on their paper. For what it's worth, these people are reassuring others and helping them get out of something that may be hard break consuming. I know because I was there and I witnessed the pain so please, think of something else when you do see people posting about the GT. Oh and my honest opinion is that the GT will be low as well. The time was not enough in my eyes. However I completed the paper on the last second, I had no time to recheck and that was a first since I never complete a paper without properly rechecking it. I hope everyone thinks good of others and I hope all of you score excellently on your papers!

Reaction score
saw posts of ur guys, and excuse me Mr.Super intelligent kindaa person, duh! GT wud b 45? u gone mad??? its impossiblee!!!!! , november 11 qp22 , had almost these kinda questions, and it had GT on 30/60, now what u think? huh !! dude, phy p2 always have GT below 47, the max was 47, ok i dont even say that GT wud be 30, yea some questions were tricky andd the ppr was quite lengthy, majority ppl did a lot of silly mistake. blunders i must say, so, Gt cud b anywhere 35-42 , 43 wud be max for this kinda ppr i must say !!

Reaction score
All right, you've said a mouthful. However you are just a person and just cannot speak for the rest of the community. I myself have studied hours on end and barely slept for more than an hour or two on any given day these past two months. I had the preparation for a distinction in Mathematics and what happened in the exams? I screwed up. The paper came so tough that I lost my mojo for Mathematics entirely. Wholeheartedly, the way I got over that and became determined and encouraged to score better grades in my other subjects was from talks and conversations from people on this forum.

Seriously, this is a wonderful place. I was in a dark spot which I knew would affect my grades for Physics dramatically since I wouldn't study at all for it as for the stuff I did study for, I turned out empty handed so I felt like there was no need for me to put in the effort at all. If people say that the GT will be low, it does not affect you at all since they are saying what they believe. Reassuring yourself that you did well will only raise your confidence level. Why do you have to go and ruin their momentum? Oh yeah that was from Physics. I know I study. Any ways, the only reason why I posted was because I know that there will be many people out there that gave papers like me and were scared out of their wits about the results since it was directly proportional to what they felt they did on their paper. For what it's worth, these people are reassuring others and helping them get out of something that may be hard break consuming. I know because I was there and I witnessed the pain so please, think of something else when you do see people posting about the GT. Oh and my honest opinion is that the GT will be low as well. The time was not enough in my eyes. However I completed the paper on the last second, I had no time to recheck and that was a first since I never complete a paper without properly rechecking it. I hope everyone thinks good of others and I hope all of you score excellently on your papers!
Still, I'm quite right in saying that you are only a bunch of people on a single website, and GT depends on the entire world.

Reaction score
you seem like one of the "smart students". what are you doing writing essays on a community page :p you should be sitting on your desk studying
I do sit at my desk studying. When I sit too much and my ass hurts, I come see what people are saying in this community :D And BTW, I wasn't classified as a "smart" student. My teachers said I would fail CIE. I'll show them!!!

Reaction score
Holy crap, everyone's replying to me...and the words are not kind at all!!!

Aite. I'm sorry mate for the unkind words but the thing is that I didn't want to let on a disappointment on here or basically in real life. If they do feel like coming on here and hoping for a place where the people would cheer them up from a disastrous exam, I don't think anyone should have a right to take that away from them. I have nothing against you as a person and I really hope that the exams go excellent and that you excel in life and succeed in whatever you want but just listen to my advice mate. Just give people a chance in a belief. It won't affect you or your result. Just go with it. Thanks for reading and good luck with everything.

Reaction score
Guys, the threshold is always unexpected.
People who do well in their exams do not usually spend most of their times on community discussions, they sit at their study table and just study.
So you are likely to find many people on this site saying their exam was bad, leading you to believe everyone messed up, and make you expect low grade thresholds.
Some people are saying gt might be around 30.
SERIOUSLY?????
That's only for super super super hard papers.
This paper wasn't hard, and the time was sufficient. The numericals were simple, and most questions were about interpretation, it was a fairly non-technical. There was even one question which asked you to prove the velocity was some value given!!! That's like spoonfeeding you marks!!
The paper wasn't long, you were slow.
So don't think about this paper or discuss its thresholds if you spoiled it, leave everything to fate. What's done is done, nothing is in your hands, and nobody can predict grade thresholds.
You are like a group of 100 people or so, and most likely, you spoiled your exams and are looking for messages that predict low grade thresholds to convice yourself you are gonna get an A.
I see you gave some pretty important points...You must really know what ure saying...And the fact that 1000 other students are just dumb to be saying something different ...You must really be a nerd to have finished up the physics paper in an hr...normally i would be impressed but i didnt finish mine..lol !! I personally do not care about the GT ..cuz its obvious its gna be low...The paper was easy no doubt...15 more minutes and many people would actually agree with u...you did well congrats....if the gt is 35 and u get 45..be proud...im sure others wouldnt give a damn about it knowing they also ended up doing well..

Reaction score
Michael Gove's report which says there will be less a's and a*'s this year :(
Well there was a lot of discussion on that with a lot of people saying that it does not refer to us..and besides the GT depends on how well the candidates perform..if the difficulty level of the paper is increased, it will cause the GT to be low!

Reaction score
Well there was a lot of discussion on that with a lot of people saying that it does not refer to us..and besides the GT depends on how well the candidates perform..if the difficulty level of the paper is increased, it will cause the GT to be low!
exactly, this time, all pprs were quite tough as compared frm past and yeah that Michael Gove's Report, em also worried about it. Lets pray for the best ;)

Reaction score
Applies to all A'level students all over the world. O'well no point of arguing over it. Lets pray for the best! :)

Reaction score
It was possible to finish the paper. It's just that you don't have time to revise that's all. If the exam had been 1h15min like usual then you would have time to both finish revise. 1 hour is enough to finish but not to revise and be sure of all your answers.

Reaction score
It was possible to finish the paper. It's just that you don't have time to revise that's all. If the exam had been 1h15min like usual then you would have time to both finish revise. 1 hour is enough to finish but not to revise and be sure of all your answers.
That's what happened with me. I finished just a few seconds early.