• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Physics P2 !

How was P2 Physics?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Okay since 24 hours are up,
The graphs were easy. The first one was the same as the force-time one. Just that accelaration was on 3. something. The second one was a right angle triangle. Starting from 0 to 16.8. And then dropping vertically at 2 seconds.
These are absolutely the right graphs :)
Dats exactly what i drew But..........................9 marks rite?

Reaction score
Dats exactly what i drew But..........................9 marks rite?
Yeah thats right, the graphs you have made. And even if some of the students managed to get the y axis right, they'll score marks too. The stationary wave graph is quite tricky, nobody knows the correct answer so let it be for the mark scheme :D

Moi

Reaction score
Yeah thats right, the graphs you have made. And even if some of the students managed to get the y axis right, they'll score marks too. The stationary wave graph is quite tricky, nobody knows the correct answer so let it be for the mark scheme :D

I believe it's a horizental line for the stationary wave. Check M/J 2011 p.23...similar Qs

Reaction score
I believe it's a horizental line for the stationary wave. Check M/J 2011 p.23...similar Qs
ya made a horizontal line to.....phew! i thought i ws nuts for doing that,,,,,awesome if ppl have a mind like me

Reaction score
i made horizontal line because i saw a past paper with the same or like question
I hope thats the right answer then, nd i'd been worried sick over it yesterday,,,,although todays paper ws easy peezy so no worries

Reaction score
The second graph didn't drop vertically after 2 seconds. The question didn't mention anything about frictional forces, so I assumed it would carry on with the same velocity, hence it would be a straight horizontal line.
Those are my 2 cents
When your force is zero, momentum is zero. Thats the question.There was nothing about velocity.

Reaction score
can u describe how the graphs were supposed to be
Like I said,
The first one was the same as the force-time one. Just that accelaration was on 3. something. The second one was a right angle triangle. Starting from 0 to 16.8. And then dropping vertically at 2 seconds.

Reaction score
Like I said,
The first one was the same as the force-time one. Just that accelaration was on 3. something. The second one was a right angle triangle. Starting from 0 to 16.8. And then dropping vertically at 2 seconds.
no it remained flat after two seconds -_-

Reaction score
Like I said,
dude the gradient of the momentum time graph was the force so if u changed it to zero you were supposing that for a sec the force is infinity

Reaction score
Jeez guys, ever heard of the formula :
Change in momentum equals force multiplied by time. The graph was for change in momentum. If zero multiplies by time and gives you a value, then you can prove your point :p

Reaction score
Change in momentum equals force multiplied by time. The graph was for change in momentum. If zero multiplies by time and gives you a value, then you can prove your point :p
really ws it of change in momentum ? i thought it ws just plain momentum

Reaction score
dude i did the graph wrong anyway irrespective of the result of our convo i wouldnt benifit in marks :p
but see my post

Reaction score
what was the momentum question statement? like what was object doing falling rising ? and was direction changing?