• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Psychology- Doubts, Tips, Guesses and Leaks

Reaction score
I didn't like the paper. :(
They usually give repeated questions from past papers but it was unseen this time, the whole of it.
I wish I can do better in Paper 2. Like FML, I don't want to lose on an A. This is like the first time I worked hard enough, despite the fact I got 6 A's without working hard in O' Levels.

Reaction score
I didn't like the paper. :(
They usually give repeated questions from past papers but it was unseen this time, the whole of it.
I wish I can do better in Paper 2. Like FML, I don't want to lose on an A. This is like the first time I worked hard enough, despite the fact I got 6 A's without working hard in O' Levels.
Which variant did you do?

Reaction score
Oh okay, I did the same. Yeah some short answered questions were a bit surprising, but I couldn't have asked for better Section B questions.

What did you answer to the Rosenhan's question? The one which asked the other lies they told?
And the question from Thigpen and Cleckly about that psychotic disorder?

Reaction score
We had something about a snapchat study and in the other question we had to evaluate one according to the strengths and weaknesses Of development psychology
Haha a 'snapchat' study eh? Does that mean it disappeared in 10 seconds? ;)
I got a question about longitudinal studies and strengths and weaknesses of the social approach.

Reaction score
How are you studying for paper 2? :/
I'm just going over the studies again, making sure I know the exact procedures and data collection methods etc. Then I will look at all the issues of ethnocentrism, generalisations, ethics and all that and memorise points about the advantages and problems psychologists have when using these.

Reaction score
What were the answer of that last part, the one on Zimbardo's study, that the behaviour which was least shown and how many times?
What was the answer of that one in which bdd patients can stay away from mirrors (somewhat like this, i don't remember the question exactly).

Reaction score
Haha a 'snapchat' study eh? Does that mean it disappeared in 10 seconds? ;)
I got a question about longitudinal studies and strengths and weaknesses of the social approach.

Haha dammit I meant snapshot -.- oh how'd it go?

Reaction score
What were the answer of that last part, the one on Zimbardo's study, that the behaviour which was least shown and how many times?
What was the answer of that one in which bdd patients can stay away from mirrors (somewhat like this, i don't remember the question exactly).

The zimbardo one was hard I wrote they didn't talk about they're life outside prison... :/ and for the BDD ones about how they avoided mirrors I just wrote they looked at other reflective surfaces like the back of a CD etc
How about you?

Reaction score
The zimbardo one was hard I wrote they didn't talk about they're life outside prison... :/ and for the BDD ones about how they avoided mirrors I just wrote they looked at other reflective surfaces like the back of a CD etc
How about you?
I wrote that the guards didn't show less rude behaviour as most of the time they were sadistic to the prisoners so this was least observed.
For BDD one i wrote same.

Reaction score
I may be a bit late. But did anybody know the answer to the ceiling effect question? And yes the paper was a bit surprising :/
For ceiling effects in part one i wrote that the effect is when questions are very easy ( this was a guess as i had no idea about it) and in second part it was that it helps in detecting individual differences (for this i'm 99% sure).