• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Best way to study for AS Physics.

Reaction score
I took it already but I got a C :eek: I AM GOING TO GET AN A THIS NOVEMBER (InshAllah)
I'm going to go study right now, any advice on how to study? What to study?
Do you have a good certain source I can benifit from (links please? :mrgreen: ) How do I stick to my desk and actually keep studying without getting distracted all the time.
Please help and thanks !

Reaction score
Go through the whole syllabus once or twice ! Once you see the topics are on your finger tips, start Pure both for P1 or P2. Or either do it topic wise . Then

finally jump to the past papers, solving them ( consulting examiner reports esp) ... Try to solve questions given at the end of the chapter !
Hope that will help you !

Reaction score
i) cover and revise a topic .
ii) solve the questions at the end of chapter without help
iii) then move to past papers Classified Physics.
(It starts from year 1977 to date although some are not related but you can see huge practice)It contains both MCQs and structured questions.
iv) then finally do the past papers from 2002-onwards.

Note: a) If you are appearing in Nov/2010 then you must have to cover at most three days.
b) Any problem relating to questions just post and i will solve it.
c) if you feel time is less then just skip option iii but for A* it is mandatory .
regards

Reaction score
MaXiiMo said:
How do I stick to my desk and actually keep studying without getting distracted all the time.
Please help and thanks !
i think ur other questions are answered.... but this 1: i use music on full volume :p (using the handsfree would b better as compared to speakers :D )

Reaction score
anzaar said:
i) cover and revise a topic .
ii) solve the questions at the end of chapter without help
iii) then move to past papers Classified Physics.
(It starts from year 1977 to date although some are not related but you can see huge practice)It contains both MCQs and structured questions.
iv) then finally do the past papers from 2002-onwards.

Note: a) If you are appearing in Nov/2010 then you must have to cover at most three days.
b) Any problem relating to questions just post and i will solve it.
c) if you feel time is less then just skip option iii but for A* it is mandatory .
regards

Thanks a lot :) I will and I'm going to see what this "Classified Physics" thing is.

Mhm

Reaction score
If you really really really want an A this time around you should stick to your desk :p I agree music can help you concentrate ... I used to watch alot of tv while practicing past papers ... So if there is any series you like, you can watch that and practice questions :)

And btw as you don't have alot of time left just revise the syllabus and do yearly past papers with marking schemes and examiner's report :)
Do check exainer's report for practicals as well!

Best of luck :)

Reaction score
@Maxiimo
It is a book of pastpapers without solution. I did with my teacher who solved with me all topics.
If you live in Islamabad it is available in Supermarket, Globel Book F-8
And in Lahore Opposite to Hafeez Center ,
Main Gulberg there is a market which have many old book shops or even in gulberge main market.
I live is Isd.