• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Big problem in maths ( help ! )

Reaction score
i just had my internal exams at college and i got an overall E in Maths.( if a few marks would be missed i would have got U)
My paper marks are :
p1-28/75
p3-27/75
S1-30/50
M1-27/50

There are only 3 months preparation left for the November Cambridge exams ; i know that getting an A is impossible for me.

Can anyone guide me how to prepare(what problems to tackle, how[where] to start) for the exams in these 3 months
to obtain atleast a grade C in maths.Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Reaction score
i just had my internal exams at college and i got an overall E in Maths.( if a few marks would be missed i would have got U)
My paper marks are :
p1-28/75
p3-27/75
S1-30/50
M1-27/50

There are only 3 months preparation left for the November Cambridge exams ; i know that getting an A is impossible for me.

Can anyone guide me how to prepare(what problems to tackle, how[where] to start) for the exams in these 3 months
to obtain atleast a grade C in maths.Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
you are scoring good marks in s1 and m1 (y) just need a little more practice in P1 and P3 just do more practice of past papers and try to reach to 45-50 in P1 and P3 you might get a B if the GT is little low

Reaction score
Try to get more on P1 and P3.
i revise continiuosly the formulas etc but still when i work out past papers questions am and confused and most of the times i dont get the answers . Any solution for that ?

Reaction score
i revise continiuosly the formulas etc but still when i work out past papers questions am and confused and most of the times i dont get the answers . Any solution for that ?
In which chapters of P1 and P3 do you have the most problem?

Reaction score
First of all try to practice and understand P1 concepts and then do a few pastpapers
Dont try to do P1 and P3 both of them together u will just mess it up
Do it in steps first P1 then P3 then stats and mechanics dont do everything together

Reaction score
In which chapters of P1 and P3 do you have the most problem?
P1-circular measure , rate of change, problems in finding range of values in inequalities , integration, AP GP and finally coordinates geometry]
P3-partial fractions expansions ,integration ,differential equations complex numbers for finding Argument.

if you have good notes on these thing do share them with me
Thanks.

Reaction score
First of all try to practice and understand P1 concepts and then do a few pastpapers
Dont try to do P1 and P3 both of them together u will just mess it up
Do it in steps first P1 then P3 then stats and mechanics dont do everything together
Thanks i will try it now itself

Reaction score
P1-circular measure , rate of change, problems in finding range of values in inequalities , integration, AP GP and finally coordinates geometry]
P3-partial fractions expansions ,integration ,differential equations complex numbers for finding Argument.

if you have good notes on these thing do share them with me
Thanks.
Use examsolutions.net for learning topics and then do past papers.

Partial fractions isn't really difficult. You have just have to apply the rules and be careful while solving.
Integration is tough but you have to recognize when to use which method like integrating by parts.
Differential equations and complex numbers can be tough too but you have to learn to seperate variables and know which quadrant does the complex number lie in.

These are notes for P1 and these are for P3.

Reaction score
Use examsolutions.net for learning topics and then do past papers.

Partial fractions isn't really difficult. You have just have to apply the rules and be careful while solving.
Integration is tough but you have to recognize when to use which method like integrating by parts.
Differential equations and complex numbers can be tough too but you have to learn to seperate variables and know which quadrant does the complex number lie in.

These are notes for P1 and these are for P3.
THanks.

As you mentioned differential is tough , i dont have any problems in seperating variable the problem comes in the long paragragh given and it says to prove you reach this equation .. LIKE RATE OF CHANGE IN P1

Reaction score
THanks.

As you mentioned differential is tough , i dont have any problems in seperating variable the problem comes in the long paragragh given and it says to prove you reach this equation .. LIKE RATE OF CHANGE IN P1
You just have to practice past paper questions for that.